COMPLETE! Community Podcast: Proof-Listening

Non-reading activities need your help too!
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks for the submissions!

I'm not going to be able to work on this until later next week anyway, so let's push back the deadline to Wednesday, November 28th. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It's done! Go here for the show notes and a link to the file: https://librivox.org/2018/12/11/librivox-community-podcast-148-a-salute-to-proof-listening/
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Wow, thanks, Tricia! I'll check it out later today- it looks great :thumbs:
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks, Tricia, that went very well. It's a big encouragement for potential PLers.

..... but ..... thinking of PLing, you have a repeat of one of AlgiePug's pieces. From "Effective prooflistening ..." to "... and how this should be done." from 10.16-10.52 and from 16.26 to 16.57. It doesn't need correcting, as all the contributions could stand repeating.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Tricia,
It sounds great! Thank you for taking my PM and turning it into a recording :) I loved the bloopers :lol:
linny

Post by linny »

Love the ending! Awesome stuff. Thank you, Tricia. :clap:
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Peter Why wrote: ↑December 11th, 2018, 3:07 pm..... but ..... thinking of PLing, you have a repeat of one of AlgiePug's pieces. From "Effective prooflistening ..." to "... and how this should be done." from 10.16-10.52 and from 16.26 to 16.57. It doesn't need correcting, as all the contributions could stand repeating.
She did that on purpose, so we could all practice a spot of PLing. (And also to see if we were actually paying attention!) :lol:

But seriously, I loved this podcast, Tricia! It shines a bit of light into a corner of LV that is often overlooked and taken for granted. Bravo! :clap:

Now I'm imagining a series of podcasts looking at other neglected talents that we all rely on without thinking about them much: the folks who are the go-to people for tech questions, the ones who specialize in finding obscure authors' death dates and researching PD-ness, the folks who design our covers, the ones who fill our Book Suggestions thread with so many enticements -- There are so many ways people contribute to LV other than reading. Recognizing the Proof-Listeners could just a beginning!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

That was super clever, Tricia! Thanks for being such a great admin/volunteer/ really helpful person :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Peter Why wrote: ↑December 11th, 2018, 3:07 pm Thanks, Tricia, that went very well. It's a big encouragement for potential PLers.

..... but ..... thinking of PLing, you have a repeat of one of AlgiePug's pieces. From "Effective prooflistening ..." to "... and how this should be done." from 10.16-10.52 and from 16.26 to 16.57. It doesn't need correcting, as all the contributions could stand repeating.

Peter
GAH! Are you serious? :shock: I listened to that thing through several times, and I even had a fresh set of ears PL it for me (especially for pacing, volume, etc., but I'm very surprised she didn't catch the repeat)!

Yeah, it was intentional.

It was the podcast's Easter egg.

Yeah, that's it. :oops:

Thanks to the contributors! Without them stepping up, this would never have gotten anywhere.

And I was finally able to use a bit of that Alfred Hitchco... errr, Funeral March of a Marionette recording I'd been saving up to use somewhere, when I discovered it was PD! 8-)
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

It's wonderfully cut together! :clap: That was just the right thing to relax this evening, that podcast gave me a smile, especially the end with the sublime message :thumbs:
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Great job everyone who was a part of the podcast. :clap:

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it. :thumbs:
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
The Arrival of Jimpson; Baseball Joe in the World Series
Next up:
Two College Friends; Baseball Joe Around the World
rachelmoraes

Post by rachelmoraes »

Great. :clap:
I enjoyed listening to this podcast and learned a lot from it. I am new in LV and, as any novice, am always asking myself what am I doing right or wrong when reading or PLing. Today I found this wonderful piece of good work to answer some of my doubts :9:
Thank you all :)
Of course I will volunteer for much more PLing. I will volunteer...Iwill volunteer...

Rachel 8-)
Quer narrar uma obra EM PORTUGUÊS? Que tal Horto, de Auta de Souza? ou O Guarani, de José de Alencar? :D
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Heartfelt thanks to you, TriciaG, and to all the contributors for this most enlightening podcast.

It's truly appreciated by this new PL. :D

Thank you for sharing and for that wonderful sense of humor! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Great, thanx! 🧑
I`ve just shared it with my dear wife. Though she knows not English decently, I`m sure she`ll find a lot of things to enjoy in it! :clap:
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„