[COMPLETE] "Silent Night" - Christmas Carol Collection 2018

Non-reading activities need your help too!
johng
Posts: 4089
Joined: February 7th, 2006, 3:38 pm
Location: Orland, Maine USA
Contact:

Post by johng » October 21st, 2018, 11:37 am

finally received the invitation....and finally got home....so...
here's my bass section recording!

https://librivox.org/uploads/cori/silentnight_johng.mp3

:-)
pax !
"Morality" is doing what's right regardless of what you're told!
"Obedience" is doing what is told, regardless of what is right!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3876
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 21st, 2018, 5:38 pm

Awesome!! Thank you! :clap:

stoogeswoman
Posts: 888
Joined: February 10th, 2016, 10:02 am

Post by stoogeswoman » October 22nd, 2018, 7:32 am

P.S. just wanted to update this -- I've developed some sinus issues (totally normal, fall-weather-related) so I'm just going to say, go ahead and repitch my original submission, if you don't mind. Thanks! :-)
stoogeswoman wrote:
October 20th, 2018, 2:02 pm
Twinkle88 wrote:
October 19th, 2018, 6:39 pm
Okay, I lowered the song two notes lower. To those who already sent in their recording, sorry for the inconvenience. :( :( You're welcome to send in a new recording using the new sing-along link. If you don't want to, though, that's fine, and I'll just lower the pitch of your recordings with Audacity.
? Where is the new sing-along link? Or did you just replace the one on the first page?

I don't mind re-singing it, but I also don't mind you repitching it with Audacity. Heck, I don't mind much of anything, do I? :P

Peter Why
Posts: 4964
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:54 am
Location: Chigwell (North-East London, U.K.)

Post by Peter Why » October 22nd, 2018, 10:20 am

In that last verse, do you want "Raid-yant bee-eems from thy holy face" or "Raid-yant beams from thy ho-oly face" ?

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger

Twinkle88
Posts: 3876
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 22nd, 2018, 5:46 pm

stoogeswoman wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 7:32 am
P.S. just wanted to update this -- I've developed some sinus issues (totally normal, fall-weather-related) so I'm just going to say, go ahead and repitch my original submission, if you don't mind. Thanks! :-)
stoogeswoman wrote:
October 20th, 2018, 2:02 pm
Twinkle88 wrote:
October 19th, 2018, 6:39 pm
Okay, I lowered the song two notes lower. To those who already sent in their recording, sorry for the inconvenience. :( :( You're welcome to send in a new recording using the new sing-along link. If you don't want to, though, that's fine, and I'll just lower the pitch of your recordings with Audacity.
? Where is the new sing-along link? Or did you just replace the one on the first page?

I don't mind re-singing it, but I also don't mind you repitching it with Audacity. Heck, I don't mind much of anything, do I? :P
Sure, thanks for letting me know! I hope you feel better soon!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3876
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 22nd, 2018, 7:06 pm

Peter Why wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 10:20 am
In that last verse, do you want "Raid-yant bee-eems from thy holy face" or "Raid-yant beams from thy ho-oly face" ?

Peter
Good question. :-) Please do "Raid-yant bee-eems from thy holy face."

Peter Why
Posts: 4964
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:54 am
Location: Chigwell (North-East London, U.K.)

Post by Peter Why » October 23rd, 2018, 7:13 am

Here's mine. When you're cutting and pasting, I came in late on each verse, so the "Silent night" phrase is a little squeezed at the front end... and should probably not be used in the final recording.

https://librivox.org/uploads/cori/silentnight_peterwhy.mp3

(2.13)

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger

mpcarlisle
Posts: 19
Joined: October 4th, 2018, 2:35 pm

Post by mpcarlisle » October 23rd, 2018, 2:36 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/silentnight_mpcarlisle.mp3

Recorded it in the lower key, this time I sang soprano. If you need more altos, lemme know.

Twinkle88
Posts: 3876
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 23rd, 2018, 6:34 pm

Peter Why wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 7:13 am
Here's mine. When you're cutting and pasting, I came in late on each verse, so the "Silent night" phrase is a little squeezed at the front end... and should probably not be used in the final recording.

https://librivox.org/uploads/cori/silentnight_peterwhy.mp3

(2.13)

Peter
Thank you very much!! :clap:

Twinkle88
Posts: 3876
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 23rd, 2018, 6:34 pm

mpcarlisle wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 2:36 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/silentnight_mpcarlisle.mp3

Recorded it in the lower key, this time I sang soprano. If you need more altos, lemme know.
Thank you, thank you!! :clap:

JayKitty76
Posts: 2140
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: ravenclaw tower, hogwarts
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » October 24th, 2018, 2:55 pm

Hi Twinkle,
I think I'll join this...will record in a minute!
Thanks!

JayKitty76
Posts: 2140
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: ravenclaw tower, hogwarts
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » October 24th, 2018, 3:08 pm

Twinkle,
Here's my recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/cori/silentnight_jaykitty76.mp3

I tried to hit the higher/lower notes as well as I could, so I did my best :D
Thanks for BCing this awesome song!!

The first two verses, the opening 'Silent Night's were a little rushed, as I was still getting used to the track, but the third was spot-on.

Twinkle88
Posts: 3876
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 24th, 2018, 6:00 pm

Thank you very much! :clap:

Peter Why
Posts: 4964
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:54 am
Location: Chigwell (North-East London, U.K.)

Post by Peter Why » October 24th, 2018, 10:26 pm

It might be worth putting a time-tick into the music mp3 for these songs in future, to get the start of the voices lined up. ONE-two-three! I should have thought of adding it before I did my recording.
Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger

GillH
Posts: 1352
Joined: July 31st, 2017, 3:59 pm
Location: France

Post by GillH » October 25th, 2018, 1:25 am

Peter Why wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 10:26 pm
It might be worth putting a time-tick into the music mp3 for these songs in future, to get the start of the voices lined up. ONE-two-three! I should have thought of adding it before I did my recording.
Peter
Good idea, Peter. I felt the subsequent verses started a beat or half-beat earlier than expected too.

Post Reply