[COMPLETE] "Silent Night" - Christmas Carol Collection 2018

Non-reading activities need your help too!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Alomentis wrote: October 16th, 2018, 2:30 pm There are a couple people interested in doing Alto, I would be interested in doing Tenor myself, is there sheet music we could follow to add parts?
No, I'm sorry; I have not provided a music sheet for this. I'm not familiar with the different parts of a choir: soprano, alto, etc., or how that works, really. If you find a music sheet that you think will work, feel free to post it here and I'll make sure it gets to the people who were interested in singing alto.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Sue Anderson wrote: October 16th, 2018, 2:43 pm Hi Twinkle, This is a great idea for a group song! :) if somebody can come up with an alto part, I will try to participate.

Just one suggestion; perhaps you could interest the German-speaking LibriVoxers to sing the verses in German, which could then be alternated with the English verses for an international feeling. There may even be PD translations into some other languages, for all I know. When I was a child, my mother used to sing this carol to me in German, as her mother taught it to her, and I would love to hear it again that way.
Thanks for your interest! :)

Yes, I definitely like the idea of having part of it sung in German, but I have decided to put only English verses in the instructions -- for the purpose of keeping the instructions as simple and straight-forward as possible, as I thought there may be many participants. That was my reasoning, anyway.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

GillH wrote: October 15th, 2018, 3:14 am Are you doing an alto part? I'm used to alto. Can I listen to yours to see if it's the same? Might be weird with all bar one melody line.
Alomentis wrote: October 16th, 2018, 2:30 pm There are a couple people interested in doing Alto, I would be interested in doing Tenor myself, is there sheet music we could follow to add parts?
Sue Anderson wrote: October 16th, 2018, 2:43 pm Hi Twinkle, This is a great idea for a group song! :) if somebody can come up with an alto part, I will try to participate.
There exists a SATB as I think Gruber set it as SATB. I'll have a look for the sheet. I'll record asap to listen to, hmm, maybe... Let's see.
Sue Anderson wrote: October 16th, 2018, 2:43 pm Just one suggestion; perhaps you could interest the German-speaking LibriVoxers to sing the verses in German, which could then be alternated with the English verses for an international feeling.
:hmm: It would be kind of longuish, but I can sing them in German, too.
GillH

Post by GillH »

Any chance of having a separate project for the German (original) version?
mpcarlisle

Post by mpcarlisle »

https://librivox.org/uploads/cori/silentnight_mpcarlisle.mp3

This is alto, if you want only melody/soprano, let me know and I'll record it again.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

moniaqua wrote: October 16th, 2018, 11:45 pm There exists a SATB as I think Gruber set it as SATB. I'll have a look for the sheet. I'll record asap to listen to, hmm, maybe... Let's see.
Hmm. Here are the autographs, only just the SATB is missing :( http://www.stillenacht.at/de/text_und_musik.asp
GillH wrote: October 17th, 2018, 1:33 am Any chance of having a separate project for the German (original) version?
I don't want to promise for this year. There was already a version in the Adventskalender 2016 It would be nice if somebody found the original Gruber SATB one or maybe we'd do the Solo-one (Soprano, Alto, there seems to be a choir involved).
mpcarlisle wrote: October 17th, 2018, 11:17 am This is alto, if you want only melody/soprano, let me know and I'll record it again.
Ok, it's different from the one I know but they should fit together :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

moniaqua wrote: October 16th, 2018, 11:45 pm :hmm: It would be kind of longuish, but I can sing them in German, too.
Thank you for the offer, but this version will be sung in English. :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

GillH wrote: October 17th, 2018, 1:33 am Any chance of having a separate project for the German (original) version?
Yes, if someone volunteers to start it up.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

mpcarlisle wrote: October 17th, 2018, 11:17 am https://librivox.org/uploads/cori/silentnight_mpcarlisle.mp3

This is alto, if you want only melody/soprano, let me know and I'll record it again.
Thank ya!! :clap:
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Twinkle88 wrote: October 17th, 2018, 5:47 pm ]Thank you for the offer, but this version will be sung in English. :)
Yes, I thought it would be too long :)
ChristianeJehanne

Post by ChristianeJehanne »

Bonjour cher Twinkle,
chanter, non, mais lire, en anglais, avec la musique en fond, cela entre-t-il dans votre joli projet?

Merci de me dire.

A bientôt,
amitiés :)
Christiane Jehanne
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

ChristianeJehanne wrote: October 18th, 2018, 12:34 am Bonjour cher Twinkle,
chanter, non, mais lire, en anglais, avec la musique en fond, cela entre-t-il dans votre joli projet?

Merci de me dire.

A bientôt,
amitiés :)
Christiane Jehanne
PM sent. :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

commonsparrow3 wrote: October 18th, 2018, 10:46 am Here's my rendition, Twinkle:
https://librivox.org/uploads/cori/silentnight_commonsparrow3.mp3
Thanks, Maria! Woohoo! :clap:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I had a question for the choir people (or anyone else):

I just realized how terribly high this song is. I've been told I have a higher-pitched voice, but I can't hardly reach those high notes! I was thinking I might lower the song 2 (or maybe even 3 or 4) half-notes (--think that's what they're called--) lower. Would this be a problem for anyone? :hmm: