LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 18th, 2017, 4:58 pm

Post Posted:: September 6th, 2017, 11:59 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

I've recorded this and am mid-way through the editing, with some files ready now. Would anyone like to PL for me? Must be in a Life+75 or less country (that is, NOT Mexico, Columbia or the USA ... I can't remember the others, but there are a few more countries with copyright law above 75 years, too. Woolf died in 1941.)

Here's my current summary:
Quote:
Plot summary: The large Ramsey family, plus house guests, visit the Isle of Skye at least twice.

The plot is not at all the point though, as this is a book exploring some ways that people think and feel and relate. There's insight into the world of childhood thought and emotion, and a variety of views of adult perceptions and preoccupations. It also poignantly describes how the passing of time affects people and places, in both the greatest and most trivial of ways.

I hope this doesn't make it sound 'difficult'! It's also fun, exasperating, wistful and reassuring. It's perhaps as close as a novel can come to the highly individual experience of looking at a painting.

I'd like standard prooflistening -- if you want to listen against the text, that's an added bonus, but not essential. Mostly I want to know about glitches/noises, etc. Also checking my intro and outro, since it's weird not reading the LV one, so I'm always in a fret I'll get it wrong.

Target finishing date ... early October (but I'm terrible at deadlines, so, we'll see. It's not going to take another year, though!)

Pop on over to https://legamus.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3250 if interested! If you're not a member there already, you'll need to sign up. NO SNEAK PREVIEWS (the uploader rules are the same as here. ;) )

Post Posted:: September 9th, 2017, 5:56 am 

Cori,

I have posted to the project thread at Legamus.

Best,

Barbara

Post Posted:: September 9th, 2017, 6:41 am 
LibriVox Admin Team