Covermakers Chat Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19139
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » December 4th, 2020, 3:26 am

Yes, with a "publication" date of 1893, it's fine for LV / the US.
It's fine for you too, since Munch died in 1944, that's more than 70 years ago.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

Lion24
Posts: 53
Joined: August 9th, 2019, 1:54 am

Post by Lion24 » December 5th, 2020, 4:09 pm

TriciaG wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 3:36 pm

Lion - please remember to add the date (YYMM) to the file names as noted in the first post. :) I added them to these files.
Thanks, I certainly will add the date in the future but I'm confused about which date? The audiobook catalog date? Or the current year?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 49086
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 5th, 2020, 4:10 pm

Lion24 wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 4:09 pm
TriciaG wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 3:36 pm

Lion - please remember to add the date (YYMM) to the file names as noted in the first post. :) I added them to these files.
Thanks, I certainly will add the date in the future but I'm confused about which date? The audiobook catalog date? Or the current year?
Today's month/year regardless of catalog date is fine, but it doesn't matter terribly much. It's to differentiate it from any other covers with the same name in other projects, and chances are that there won't be another in either of the two months. :)
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
Adventure/Travel: Across Mongolian Plains
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Adult dog stories: Best Dog Stories

Lion24
Posts: 53
Joined: August 9th, 2019, 1:54 am

Post by Lion24 » December 5th, 2020, 4:19 pm

I will remember. Thanks Tricia :clap:

Basquetteur
Posts: 484
Joined: January 23rd, 2016, 1:17 am
Location: Belgium - Bélgica - Belgique- België
Contact:

Post by Basquetteur » December 6th, 2020, 3:32 am

Thank you very much Availle for the reply.

I will proceed with the use of that image for the cover.

Kind regards,

Basquetteur
Availle wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 3:26 am
Yes, with a "publication" date of 1893, it's fine for LV / the US.
It's fine for you too, since Munch died in 1944, that's more than 70 years ago.
Hi!

I have volunteered to make the cover of Espectros by Henrik Ibsen (In original Swedish Gengangere, in English Ghosts-there is already a librivox version-). The narrator Epachuko has suggested to me to use for the cover the famous painting The Scream by Edvard Munch. Munch died in 1944. The reproduction I intend to use is in wikimedia commons here:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Edvard_Munch,_1893,_The_Scream,_oil,_tempera_and_pastel_on_cardboard,_91_x_73_cm,_National_Gallery_of_Norway.jpg

Is is stated there that
"This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published (or registered with the U.S. Copyright Office) before January 1, 1925. "

Therefore it looks that it is ok.

Can I use safely this image?

I would very much appreciate views on this

Regards

Basquetteur

Lion24
Posts: 53
Joined: August 9th, 2019, 1:54 am

Post by Lion24 » December 6th, 2020, 6:17 am

InTheDesert wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 7:06 pm
Lion24 wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 2:47 pm
A doubter's doubts about science and religion by Robert Anderson https://librivox.org/doubters-doubts-science-and-religion-robert-anderson/

Upload https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/doubter_doubt.zip
Love it!
so so happy to hear that! and amazing read ;)

SteveGough
Posts: 581
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 3:59 am

Post by SteveGough » December 7th, 2020, 8:06 am

I am not sure who I should be talking to but I am wondering when the visual for my Captain Scott audiobook is likely to be finished? Forgive me if this sounds impertinent I am not sure of the exact process for this stage, but just hoping I can launch my book with family and friends etc around Christmas/New Year if that is possible....

schrm
Posts: 3139
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » December 7th, 2020, 8:13 am

heyho,

in case this collection has a covermaker, i'm sure it gets noticed.
anyways:
Short Science Fiction Collection 073 is not grouped, yet.
group:
https://librivox.org/group/435

cheers,
wolfi
en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe
de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische, tante fritzchen
dpl: children of the abbey, lay down your arms, hoffmann's

msfry
Posts: 7487
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » December 7th, 2020, 8:18 am

schrm wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 8:13 am
heyho,

in case this collection has a covermaker, i'm sure it gets noticed.
anyways:
Short Science Fiction Collection 073 is not grouped, yet.
group:
https://librivox.org/group/435

cheers,
wolfi
I'm giving someone else a chance before I claim this cover. They are not actually considered a "collection" as far as covers go, and I don't want to hog them all. :mrgreen:
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #3

msfry
Posts: 7487
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » December 7th, 2020, 8:27 am

SteveGough wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 8:06 am
I am not sure who I should be talking to but I am wondering when the visual for my Captain Scott audiobook is likely to be finished? Forgive me if this sounds impertinent I am not sure of the exact process for this stage, but just hoping I can launch my book with family and friends etc around Christmas/New Year if that is possible....
The book was catalogued on December 1st, https://librivox.org/journals-of-robert-scott-vol1-ver2/, but I don't see the title on the cover claims board (where we pick up projects that need to have covers made). One of our admins will need to check this out. We try to get covers made within 2 weeks, so yours should be available in time for Christmas.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #3

schrm
Posts: 3139
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » December 7th, 2020, 8:38 am

msfry wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 8:18 am
schrm wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 8:13 am
heyho,

in case this collection has a covermaker, i'm sure it gets noticed.
anyways:
Short Science Fiction Collection 073 is not grouped, yet.
group:
https://librivox.org/group/435

cheers,
wolfi
I'm giving someone else a chance before I claim this cover. They are not actually considered a "collection" as far as covers go, and I don't want to hog them all. :mrgreen:
thx michele, claimed!
want to draw something...

ps: pmed amy bc of the grouping
en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe
de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische, tante fritzchen
dpl: children of the abbey, lay down your arms, hoffmann's

schrm
Posts: 3139
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » December 7th, 2020, 12:03 pm

thx michele for the possibility!
:D
i began drawing and enjoyed it so much i made the cover instantly :-)
en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe
de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische, tante fritzchen
dpl: children of the abbey, lay down your arms, hoffmann's

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 49086
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 7th, 2020, 12:39 pm

msfry wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 8:27 am
SteveGough wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 8:06 am
I am not sure who I should be talking to but I am wondering when the visual for my Captain Scott audiobook is likely to be finished? Forgive me if this sounds impertinent I am not sure of the exact process for this stage, but just hoping I can launch my book with family and friends etc around Christmas/New Year if that is possible....
The book was catalogued on December 1st, https://librivox.org/journals-of-robert-scott-vol1-ver2/, but I don't see the title on the cover claims board (where we pick up projects that need to have covers made). One of our admins will need to check this out. We try to get covers made within 2 weeks, so yours should be available in time for Christmas.
It's on the claims board (twice, in fact, because the title changed after cataloging). Availle is the claimant.

We do suggest a 2-week deadline, but it it certainly nice when it's done earlier than that. ;)
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
Adventure/Travel: Across Mongolian Plains
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Adult dog stories: Best Dog Stories

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33931
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » December 7th, 2020, 12:51 pm

The word I use to describe things like the short poetry covers is "series" just so words like "groups" which we use around here in a different connotation don't cause misunderstandings :D

Anne

schrm
Posts: 3139
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » December 7th, 2020, 1:03 pm

annise wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 12:51 pm
The word I use to describe things like the short poetry covers is "series" just so words like "groups" which we use around here in a different connotation don't cause misunderstandings :D

Anne
oh ahm yes..sorry...
by now i should know things like this..

i blaim my creative mood for mixing it up..
:hmm: :roll:
or my creative mood
:hmm: :D
en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe
de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische, tante fritzchen
dpl: children of the abbey, lay down your arms, hoffmann's

Post Reply