Covermakers Chat Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Hello,

I posted the visual material for the novel "La Punyalada" by Marià Vayreda a few weeks ago and I do not see the media in the sites where the audiobook appears.

The audiobook is already indexed, and I followed the procedure to submit the artwork (or I think I did it correctly).

Could you enlighten me if the material has indeed been received, whether I should do something else, etc?

Thanks,

Joan Pujolar
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
msfry

Post by msfry »

Does anybody know where Anne has disappeared to. She hasn't been around for a few days. Hope all is well.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

She's on vacation for a few days.

Joan - going back through your old posts, I don't see any where you mention uploading a cover. Please go to the first post here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785 and follow its instructions for how to claim and upload a cover. You'll post in that thread when it's uploaded.

Availle has claimed that cover - not knowing you were going to do it. But so far she hasn't posted it.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
msfry

Post by msfry »

Glad to hear she's alright.

Meanwhile, someone needs to remove Human Nature and Conduct Part 4 from the claims board. I already claimed these 4 covers as a series long ago, and reminded Anne recently to that effect. And have uploaded this last cover already (see Covers forum).

I also assume that since all my outstanding covers have been submitted (though my name is still showing on the board 3 times), I am free to claim another should I so choose.
schrm

Post by schrm »

just one of my: "that is beautiful" postings:
https://librivox.org/the-moon-maid-by-edgar-rice-burroughs/
:D that is beautiful!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Why :oops: glad you like it. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Basquetteur

Post by Basquetteur »

Hi

I have uploaded here: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/floating_prince_other_fairy_tales_stockton_1909.zip

The cover for the book The floating prince and other fairy tales, this project

https://librivox.org/the-floating-prince-and-other-fairy-tales-by-frank-r-stockton/

:thumbs: Thanks for taking care

I hope Anne is enjoying her holidays!

Cheers!

Basquetteur
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Basquetteur wrote: September 27th, 2019, 9:07 am Hi

I have uploaded here: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/floating_prince_other_fairy_tales_stockton_1909.zip

The cover for the book The floating prince and other fairy tales, this project

https://librivox.org/the-floating-prince-and-other-fairy-tales-by-frank-r-stockton/

:thumbs: Thanks for taking care

I hope Anne is enjoying her holidays!

Cheers!

Basquetteur
wrong thread. this is the chat thread. ;)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've caught it ....... and linked it so alls well :D

Anne
schrm

Post by schrm »

very diverse, very unique covers when i look up the last published site...

thank you to all of you creative minds!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

Lion24 wrote: October 17th, 2019, 5:21 am This is my first claim: "The Raid of Dover" https://librivox.org/the-raid-of-dover-by-douglas-morey-ford/
I had some issues handling the templates with Open Office, so a few questions arised; where should I ask?

Link to the uploaded file: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/raidover_1940.zip
and what a beautiful first cover!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Lion24

Post by Lion24 »

Thanks so much, will definetely do more!

And now for the questions :lol: I had some annoyances working with the template, in part because I don't have the habit of using OpenOffice, but tabs seemed to me, tricky to customize. I was wondering if there are any rules for the making of these covers as I would like to make a template for Inkscape, since I'm quicker working on a this graphic software. Would that be possible? Are there any guidelines to follow?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm about to start cataloging my solo, Pleasure Cycling. There are some cute B/W drawings in the source text. I'd love to see some of them incorporated into a cover, rather than the use of a modern bicycle or cyclist. The book emphasizes sitting upright while riding and enjoying the sights rather than racing, and most modern bicycles wouldn't be appropriate. Plus, the pictures are really nice! 8-)
schrm

Post by schrm »

Lion24 wrote: October 18th, 2019, 10:41 am Thanks so much, will definetely do more!

And now for the questions :lol: I had some annoyances working with the template, in part because I don't have the habit of using OpenOffice, but tabs seemed to me, tricky to customize. I was wondering if there are any rules for the making of these covers as I would like to make a template for Inkscape, since I'm quicker working on a this graphic software. Would that be possible? Are there any guidelines to follow?
yes, there are.
the covers and designs are being put int the public domain - so if you are using templates, wether self done or not, they must be in the pd.
(also, some programmes have some rules in their tos, like you are not able to put results and designs into pd.
this shouldn't be a problem with inkscape, though.)

i think monika made a template for inkscape, but im not able to find it right now.

edit: uh no, it was for scribus:
CdCoverTemplatesScribus.zip
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's fine to use any template, we just need it to have a couple of things.
A statement about the image you use so we know it is PD in the USA , if you make it yourself then you must release it into the PD.
Although we don't sell our covers, other people can and do, so it needs to be PD with no restrictions
And you need to say your design is PD.

There are some things that it is nice to do although not compulsory. It's nice to have Librivox clearly displayed on the image
And it's nice to say a bit out the image if it is unusual - people like to know what it is sometimes
If you look on our catalogue page you can click under the image and see what others use and pick the wording you like best.

Anne