Covermakers Chat Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
schrm
Posts: 1005
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » February 4th, 2019, 11:53 am

annise wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 2:00 pm
schrm -- cover caught ...
schrm wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 6:33 am


claimislist https://librivox.org/swanhilde-by-wilhelm-hauff/
Swanhilde, and other Fairy Tales
Wilhelm HAUFF (1802 - 1827), translated by Carolyn Norris HORWITZ ( - )

cover files: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/swanhilde_1901.zip
pics from the book, L. J. (Lewis Jesse) Bridgman, 1857-1931

cheers,

may i ask if i did something wrong with the swanhilde cover?
is the lifespan of bridgman incorrect?
the book was published including these pics in 1889?
or is the cover otherwise not ok?
schrm
reader/12275


deutsch
wunderwelten viewtopic.php?f=60&t=70793
sammlung kurzer prosa viewtopic.php?f=60&t=71431

english
violet viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70567

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 30403
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » February 4th, 2019, 2:05 pm

It's fine - it should be showing now - thank you :D

Anne

moniaqua
Posts: 1332
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in the south

Post by moniaqua » February 6th, 2019, 2:13 am

As I recently made a cover for the Rime of Dante and will make the covers for the books I BC, I made templates in Scribus for

- an origami CD sleeve
- a jewel case inlay.

Sorry, no booklet :)

There is a layer for the background and one for the text, the text suggestions from the OpenOffice-Templates are included, logo is not, as this depends on the design.

https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/CdCoverTemplatesScribus.zip

Thought I wanted to share them in case someone else likes to work with the program :)

schrm
Posts: 1005
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » February 6th, 2019, 4:32 am

moniaqua wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 2:13 am
As I recently made a cover for the Rime of Dante and will make the covers for the books I BC, I made templates in Scribus for

- an origami CD sleeve
- a jewel case inlay.

Sorry, no booklet :)

There is a layer for the background and one for the text, the text suggestions from the OpenOffice-Templates are included, logo is not, as this depends on the design.

https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/CdCoverTemplatesScribus.zip

Thought I wanted to share them in case someone else likes to work with the program :)

uh wow..
never thought of using scribus.
must have been a lot of work!
and looks perfect
schrm
reader/12275


deutsch
wunderwelten viewtopic.php?f=60&t=70793
sammlung kurzer prosa viewtopic.php?f=60&t=71431

english
violet viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70567

moniaqua
Posts: 1332
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in the south

Post by moniaqua » February 6th, 2019, 5:12 am

Thank you, schrm :)
schrm wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 4:32 am
never thought of using scribus.
I hope it has some advantages over Office. Easier text placement, also more freely, exact measures, layering...

Achieve the same in Writer would probably have been more work ;)

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 40378
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » February 9th, 2019, 11:07 am

Old cover has a misspelling.

https://librivox.org/on-the-antiseptic-principle-of-the-practice-of-surgery-by-joseph-lister/
On the Antiseptic Principle of the Practice of Surgery

Cover has "On the Antiseptic Principal..."

Cover designer has been left off the file. (It has "Cover design by {your name}.")

Looks like the cover was uploaded 2011/04.

msfry
Posts: 4913
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » February 9th, 2019, 11:41 am

I can fix this. Gimme a few hours and I'll upload it.
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"Knowing that a tomato is actually a fruit is Knowledge. Wisdom is not putting one in a fruit salad."
.

schrm
Posts: 1005
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » February 9th, 2019, 12:30 pm

heyho,

claimslist: https://librivox.org/the-actress-in-high-life-an-episode-in-winter-quarters-by-susan-petigru-bowen/
The Actress in High Life: An Episode in Winter Quarters
Susan Petigru KING-BOWEN (1824 - 1875)

cover files: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/actressihl_1902.zip

and thank you :-)

cheers,
schrm
reader/12275


deutsch
wunderwelten viewtopic.php?f=60&t=70793
sammlung kurzer prosa viewtopic.php?f=60&t=71431

english
violet viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70567

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 40378
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » February 9th, 2019, 12:57 pm

schrm wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 12:30 pm
heyho,

claimslist: https://librivox.org/the-actress-in-high-life-an-episode-in-winter-quarters-by-susan-petigru-bowen/
The Actress in High Life: An Episode in Winter Quarters
Susan Petigru KING-BOWEN (1824 - 1875)

cover files: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/actressihl_1902.zip

and thank you :-)

cheers,
Wrong thread...

schrm
Posts: 1005
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » February 9th, 2019, 1:02 pm

TriciaG wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 12:57 pm

Wrong thread...

:lol: oh, reading your and michelles post, i..
:oops:

thank you!
schrm
reader/12275


deutsch
wunderwelten viewtopic.php?f=60&t=70793
sammlung kurzer prosa viewtopic.php?f=60&t=71431

english
violet viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70567

msfry
Posts: 4913
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » February 9th, 2019, 2:16 pm

msfry wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 11:41 am
I can fix this. Gimme a few hours and I'll upload it.
Here's the zip file.
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/anisepticprinciple_1104.zip
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"Knowing that a tomato is actually a fruit is Knowledge. Wisdom is not putting one in a fruit salad."
.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 40378
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » February 9th, 2019, 3:23 pm

Thanks! I don't know how to add/replace covers, so I'll post this info in the other thread. :)

msfry
Posts: 4913
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » February 9th, 2019, 5:39 pm

TriciaG wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 3:23 pm
Thanks! I don't know how to add/replace covers, so I'll post this info in the other thread. :)
Anne tracks this thread too. I didn't want to confuse the flow of new covers with the flow of "fixing errors we find". By the way, I love fixing things, and there is so much opportunity for error wherever keyboards are involved. :shock:
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"Knowing that a tomato is actually a fruit is Knowledge. Wisdom is not putting one in a fruit salad."
.

Post Reply