LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 15th, 2017, 10:57 am

Post Posted:: February 5th, 2017, 1:45 am 

I would like one person to read "The Passion of the Western Mind" by Richard Tarnas. I am willing to pay between US$25 and $50 (plus the cost of the book). I would like the project completed reasonably quickly. (I will consider a bonus for quick completion. )

The Passion of the Western Mind: Understanding the Ideas that Have Shaped Our World View by Richard Tarnas — Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/586992.The_Passion_of_the_Western_Mind

Given that the book has a valid copyright, I should mention that I own the paperback book (purchased new) and this audio recording will be for my own private use. I do not find a commercial audio version of this book or I would purchase that. The book is available on Kindle and it is available used on Amazon for $0.01 + $3.99 shipping.

I will have future paid projects too. (I have also paid Librevox members for similar projects in the past. If you are someone I have worked with in the past and would like to do this current project, please let me know. Would love to work with you again.) I can use PayPal or other methods for payment.

Thank you!

Post Posted:: February 5th, 2017, 1:55 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

560 pages, let's say 500 with all the front and backmatter and whatnot that need not be read (I guess).

Hard to estimate how much work this would be, probably some 10 hours finished recording or more?

And you'll pay me between 5 and 10 cents a page.

I'll pass.

--
AvailleAudio.com NEW DESIGN!

Post Posted:: February 5th, 2017, 4:07 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

could you point out the posts that you made to arrange payment for LibriVox readers before, so anyone one interested would have something to show your credentials ?
I'm assuming you were using a different forum name ?
It would be interesting to discover the legal position of the reader as it is copyright material. And they are selling it to you.

Anne

Post Posted:: February 5th, 2017, 12:37 pm 

My forum username has not changed. However, the last paid projects I posted were in 2014. It appears posts from that period (in this section) have been deleted by Librevox.

Post Posted:: February 17th, 2017, 8:11 pm 

My rate is $190 per finished hour, which is approximately 9,000 words. Turnaround in two weeks. PM me if interested.

My website
My Librivox reader page