[NOT LV]Audio Guide Snippets for Virtual Reality Explorers

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)

Post by leftBigToe » May 6th, 2016, 2:40 pm

Hey LibriVox community, I'm Daniel from realities.io! We are a recently founded VR start up scanning interesting places all around the world & making them explorable for everyone in VR! If you are curious what that looks like, here's a guy streaming while exploring some of our scans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REUeMxIWvb8

Part of what we do is placing little audio guide snippets in the scenes for users to find and learn more about the places. As we have quite a bit of content upcoming (and I'm far from a professional narrator^^) we are looking for somebody who's interested in helping us out with the audio! Here's what we have in mind:

- Research information about the places
- Write a few captivating ~30 second narrations to that be placed in the scenes
- Record and cut the narrations

A lot of the places we will be getting in the upcoming time are cultural heritage & archaeological sites, so a perfect fit if you are into history, archaeology and mythology! We expect maybe 2 scans a month we need audio for, so it's not much work & it can be done from anywhere as long as there is a little internet tickling in!

If all that sounds interesting just reach out to me, send me a PM or mail to contact at realities.io, looking forward to hear from you!