[NOT LV] Gothic II Night of the Raven proofreading subtitles

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
mulu

Post by mulu » March 8th, 2016, 2:22 am

Hi, I honestly don't know if this project could receive any interest, we're not giving voice to something here, but I'll give it a try anyway.

I'm doing a kind of proofreading work for English subtitles of the videogame Gothic II - Night of the Raven, because I noticed in the original version they always don't "match" with what NPCs (characters in the game) say. Furthermore, subtitles often have been written without taking into account pauses, voice mutations when a character wants to underline something and so on...

It's not that heavy job, it'll basically deal with listening short pieces of WAV audio and correct the appropriate written line if needed.

Hope there's some Gothic saga fan on this board, bye guys.:thumbs:

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » March 8th, 2016, 11:38 am

I'd be happy to do it. I do play rpg computer games, and often find oddities in what the characters say.

Peter
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is either a madman or an economist." Kenneth Boulding, 1973

mulu

Post by mulu » March 9th, 2016, 12:45 am

Thanks, Peter, for your interest. I tried to send you a PM, unfortunately I can't 'cause it seems I'm still a newbie to send PMs.:lol:

If you don't mind, I'll leave here my e-mail address, you can poke me up there and I'll explain you everything. Thank you again.

mulu

Post by mulu » March 14th, 2016, 3:36 am

Peter is giving me a precious help, anyone else who'd join us? :D

Tortilla

Post by Tortilla » March 17th, 2016, 7:15 pm

I'd be interested in helping as well, given that it isn't a super tight deadline!
Hello everyone,
I am currently somewhat MIA due to classes, but I will be back during breaks. I'll check up when I can, and I am slowly making my way through my DRs! Thank you for your patience.
Mary

mulu

Post by mulu » March 18th, 2016, 7:51 am

Thank you, mate, you got a PM.

mulu

Post by mulu » March 23rd, 2016, 9:24 am

Tortilla has "mysteriously disappeared", so I'm always looking for other volunteers.

mulu

Post by mulu » April 9th, 2016, 6:08 am

My invitation is always valid, if anyone would join us.