[NOT LV] Voiceover for educational YouTube video

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
EconCow

Post by EconCow » November 2nd, 2015, 5:50 pm

Title: The Price of Saving a Life ... is $3,340

Brief description: Educational YouTube video about charity and effective altruism. It's licensed under Creative Commons and has no ads. I don't make any money from it.

Length: 1,524 words. Full text here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6d27XgslBsBQnFUMWR3QVRKakE/view?usp=sharing
Desired speed: 180wpm. (So about 8.5 min for the 1,524 words.)

Longer description

Hi there. I'm new to this site (though not new to Librivox audiobooks). It seems that my request is a bit unconventional since Librivox seems to do mostly books, poems, and the like. Hopefully someone will help me out.

Many complained that the audio for the first version of my video was poor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tAaO5KmRFQ&list=PL0FfKwFuQb2T5tGSKh254JleBGyydQDUR&index=2

So I just uploaded a second version yesterday and someone still said it was bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkM260tjUuk&list=PL0FfKwFuQb2T5tGSKh254JleBGyydQDUR&index=3

So now I'm looking to give up and look for someone who actually has proper recording equipment to help me out.

This is a new YouTube channel with purely educational videos that focus on economics. It's licensed under Creative Commons. I play no ads and make no money from these videos. If you help me out I'll credit Librivox and you (if you'd like) prominently in the end credits.

My alternative would be to pay someone to do it (e.g. on Upwork) or perhaps someone here will have other recommendations for me.

Thank you!

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » November 2nd, 2015, 5:55 pm

Welcome!

I'm going to move this to "Volunteers Wanted: Other Projects". That's where requests for non-LV projects are made. 8-)
Fiction, partly about jail atrocities: It Is Never too Late to Mend
E E Cummings' time in French prison: The Enormous Room

unclejoe

Post by unclejoe » November 14th, 2015, 2:02 am

Hi,
If you haven't found someone yet, I'd be willing to do it.
aloha,
joe t.

see if you think my voice would do :>)

LayliBrown19

Post by LayliBrown19 » December 11th, 2015, 2:35 pm

Hi
I also am interested in helping you with this.
i tried opening both links and they were unavailable.
Layli Brown

EconCow

Post by EconCow » November 6th, 2016, 8:05 pm

unclejoe wrote:Hi,
If you haven't found someone yet, I'd be willing to do it.
aloha,
joe t.

see if you think my voice would do :>)
LayliBrown19 wrote:Hi
I also am interested in helping you with this.
i tried opening both links and they were unavailable.
Layli Brown

Dear unclejoe and LayliBrown19,

Sorry for not responding. After November 2015, I stopped making these videos for a while.

But right now (Nov 2016) I'm working on a new video, regarding The Paradox of Value. I am again looking for someone to help me voice over.

If you (or anyone else reading this post) are still interested in helping me out, please email me at EconCow "at" gmail "dot" com. For more about my work, you can also view my YouTube channel at YouTube.com/EconCow or my website at EconCow.com.

All of the existing videos use my own voice-over. Which is OK for an amateur like me, but can be much better with some slightly more professional help.

Thank you very much for your help.

stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman » November 14th, 2016, 12:33 pm

Hi! Just FYI, I went over to your YouTube channel and listened to a couple of your videos.

Frankly, I think you sound just fine! If I were you, I'd continue doing your own voiceovers. Don't worry about the "haters" who make snarky comments - that's just the way it is online these days.

Good luck! 8-)

unclejoe

Post by unclejoe » November 14th, 2016, 3:45 pm

stoogeswoman wrote:Hi! Just FYI, I went over to your YouTube channel and listened to a couple of your videos.

Frankly, I think you sound just fine! If I were you, I'd continue doing your own voiceovers. Don't worry about the "haters" who make snarky comments - that's just the way it is online these days.

Good luck! 8-)
That's what I thought as well. It is special with you doing them.... with another voice, perhaps less special.
aloha,
joe t.