Help required with .zip cover art files upload.

Non-reading activities need your help too!
WordyCause

Post by WordyCause »

Hi Folks,

Am looking for some assistance here.

I recently completed the following Audio-Book: On an Irish Jaunting-Car through Donegal and Connemara by Samuel Gamble Bayne.

The project has been Librivox processed and is living here:

http://tinyurl.com/mj2fte9

It was agreed that my Daughter would provide the artwork for inclusion in the catalogue to accompany the audio-book. That artwork is now complete and available for upload. However, when I tried to upload the requisite .zip file yesterday, per instructions previously given, the system flagged that it did not recognise the file type.

I had been supplied with a link to the forum covers page which indicated that I should upload using the following:

deleted by admin as to not be harvested.

So, I substituted my own username and my own password and noted that I was taken to what looked like the same page from which I had uploaded book chapter files. I tried to upload the .zip file three times but on each occasion the system flagged rejection on the file type.

Regards,
Frank :shock:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, you upload the zip file using the same uploader as when you upload audio files, but you send them to the "Covers" folder instead of to one of the MCs. Then, just like your audio file, a URL comes up that you copy/paste into a thread - this time into the Covers project thread (with some other information also): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785

But you say your zip file doesn't upload?

Are you familiar and comfortable with zipping files? On Windows, select all the files to include (shift-click or control-click each file name), then do RIGHT-click, Send To... Compressed (Zipped) folder.

If you did this and it still gives an error about the format, we'll have to take a look at it to see what's wrong. Upload it to a different file sharing site such as http://ge.tt and post the resulting URL in this thread.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine