Project: Link Wikipedia pages to LibriVox recordings

Non-reading activities need your help too!
carteki
Posts: 1634
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » November 30th, 2015, 11:36 pm

dlolso21 wrote:spreadsheet opens up as "View Only" Sorry - I've changed the setting :(

link added for Authors
L.A. Abbott
Perley Poore Sheehan

b849 links to Little Men -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Men

b1885 link to Little Women added

added https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poems_by_Currer,_Ellis,_and_Acton_Bell to

b2811 Home
b2969 Life
b3247 Remembrance (not on the poem listing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bront%C3%AB_poems #)
b3672 Parting
b3777 Music on Christmas Morning
b4149 The Consolation
b4980 Past Days
b5398 Love and Friendship (not on the poem listing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bront%C3%AB_poems# )
b6216 The Visionary
b6343 Appeal (not on the poem listing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bront%C3%AB_poems# )
# I checked the list of poems to the book, not the wikipedia page

The librivox linkback on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poems_by_Currer,_Ellis,_and_Acton_Bell only goes to the 2 full book recordings under Currer, Ellis, and Acton Bell. My suggestion is to create a "series" of these recordings and link back to that.

carteki
Posts: 1634
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » December 1st, 2015, 4:08 am

Please tell me how to link the books of the Bible.

If I link with
* {{librivox book | dtitle=Bible: Song of Solomon| stitle=22: Song of Solomon}} - Various versions
it comes up with the different versions and then the next page is the "author search" for that version (not in cannonical order) so the reader will have to find their book.
I have linked Genesis to Song of Solomon this way.

I was originally linking using:
* {{librivox book | title=Galatians | author=American Standard Version}}
Or is there another way?

Thanks

ekzemplaro
Posts: 2031
Joined: December 31st, 2011, 7:17 am
Location: Tochigi,Japan
Contact:

Post by ekzemplaro » December 1st, 2015, 4:20 am

Hello mahne san,

Thank you for the clarification.
mahne wrote:@Masa-san: these can go to 3 once David finishes the list off:
b5086 Some Answered Questions
b3863 Lisbeth Longfrock
b9055 The Notting Hill Mystery
|
|
|
I'll change the status when things become stable. Thus we can avoid the ambiguity.

Cheers,
Masa

carteki
Posts: 1634
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » December 1st, 2015, 5:50 am

ekzemplaro wrote:I'll change the status when things become stable. Thus we can avoid the ambiguity.
Cheers,
Masa
Yep, I was going to run another report in another day / so and start again to see what has been missed (although I don't look at 3's)

I've been working on linking books of the bible today, but I'm waiting for more feedback on what link to use. In the meantime:
b2029 Genesis (ASV) http://librivox.org/book-of-genesis-by-american-standard-version/ has an incorrect book link. The correct book link is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Genesis.

Kim

mahne
Posts: 333
Joined: September 30th, 2014, 4:50 am
Location: Germany

Post by mahne » December 1st, 2015, 6:24 am

Yeah, bible stuff is complicated, I currently don't see a better way than what you did with Book of Samuel.
We could ask Green Cardamom if he can include a field for category_id, which I would then set to Nonfiction->Bibles, id79.
And for some we may have the original hebrew or greek text, but it will not be found with the english title.

Cheers
mahne
all covers made by mahne, constructive criticism appreciated

carteki
Posts: 1634
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » December 1st, 2015, 9:36 am

mahne wrote:Yeah, bible stuff is complicated, I currently don't see a better way than what you did with Book of Samuel.
We could ask Green Cardamom if he can include a field for category_id, which I would then set to Nonfiction->Bibles, id79.
And for some we may have the original hebrew or greek text, but it will not be found with the english title.

Cheers
mahne
I would think that sending the reader directly to the English version of that particular book is preferable. You'll see that most of the pages' External Links are broken down into "Jewish Bible, Christian Bible, Greek Bible" and I've been adding this under "christian bible". A second link under "Jewish or Greek" shouldn't be a problem - similar to the PG or other text links where the "main host" is duplicated.

I'm ignoring non English projects (which only reduces my list by 1000!).

Kim

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4659
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » December 2nd, 2015, 5:04 pm

carteki wrote: # I checked the list of poems to the book, not the wikipedia page

The librivox linkback on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poems_by_Currer,_Ellis,_and_Acton_Bell only goes to the 2 full book recordings under Currer, Ellis, and Acton Bell. My suggestion is to create a "series" of these recordings and link back to that.
Kim,

EDITed: I will have to discuss creating a group for these with other Admins.

David O

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4659
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » December 2nd, 2015, 5:06 pm

carteki wrote:
Yep, I was going to run another report in another day / so and start again to see what has been missed (although I don't look at 3's)

I've been working on linking books of the bible today, but I'm waiting for more feedback on what link to use. In the meantime:
b2029 Genesis (ASV) http://librivox.org/book-of-genesis-by-american-standard-version/ has an incorrect book link. The correct book link is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Genesis.

Kim
updated

carteki
Posts: 1634
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » December 3rd, 2015, 11:33 am

dlolso21 wrote:
carteki wrote: # I checked the list of poems to the book, not the wikipedia page

The librivox linkback on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poems_by_Currer,_Ellis,_and_Acton_Bell only goes to the 2 full book recordings under Currer, Ellis, and Acton Bell. My suggestion is to create a "series" of these recordings and link back to that.
Kim,

EDITed: I will have to discuss creating a group for these with other Admins.

David O
Actually - for these ... if you add the Currer (Charlotte), Ellis (Emily) & Acton(Ann) Bell as Authors to the poems and then have an author link, rather than a book link then it would work as well as this is the only publication under that name.

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4659
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » December 3rd, 2015, 2:08 pm

Kim,

Each author is being given appropriate credit for their work. For individual poems the individual author is credited. For the book collecting poems from all three they are all credited.

David O

mahne
Posts: 333
Joined: September 30th, 2014, 4:50 am
Location: Germany

Post by mahne » December 4th, 2015, 8:15 am

Hi,

@David:
https://librivox.org/indian-summer-by-william-dean-howells/
is missing the book link to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Summer_%28novel%29

@Masa-san:
the following entries, which are in state 2 can become state 3, as links both ways exist.:
b8367
b382
b7387
b7872
b2464
b5924
b4116

Cheers
mahne
all covers made by mahne, constructive criticism appreciated

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4659
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » December 4th, 2015, 8:25 am

mahne,

Thanks, link has been added ( b6016 ).

David O

carteki
Posts: 1634
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » December 4th, 2015, 11:57 am

Please can someone let me know what # in the series that the book Judith https://librivox.org/book-of-judith-douay-rheims-version/ has been allocated to so I can sent the correct Wikipedia link back.
Kim

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 34664
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » December 4th, 2015, 12:25 pm

If by series you mean group no. the DRV are here https://librivox.org/group/10?primary_key=10&search_category=group&search_page=1&search_form=get_results which is group 10 . You can get there by clicking on the group on it's catalogue page. If this is something to to with Wikipedia sorry I can't help - you'll need to wait for someone working with it :(

Anne

carteki
Posts: 1634
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » December 4th, 2015, 1:31 pm

annise wrote:If by series you mean group no. the DRV are here https://librivox.org/group/10?primary_key=10&search_category=group&search_page=1&search_form=get_results which is group 10 . You can get there by clicking on the group on it's catalogue page. If this is something to to with Wikipedia sorry I can't help - you'll need to wait for someone working with it :(

Anne
Thank you. Close, but I can't get the information from the front page :( The # for Song of Solomon is 22 and is the same for all recordings of Song of Solomon - https://librivox.org/the-song-of-solomon/. For the wiki search term I need that number so to eliminate non biblical texts that have the same name.

Regards
Kim

Post Reply