Update Catalog in Wiki

Non-reading activities need your help too!
kri

Post by kri »

AboutOurCatalog

I need someone, or some people, to help by updating the page that describes our catalog in the wiki to reflect the changes that have been made with the new system. If you're not very familiar with the new system, don't worry I can help. I just don't have time to go through it myself. Even if you can contribute a few sentences or a paragraph, that's a big help.

There are currently three headings, "Overview", "How to Search the Catalog", and "Book Pages". The first two headings only need to be changed. For the How to Search, here are some things we should cover...
  • 1. Partial searches allowed, and how that works.
    2. You can use any one, none, or all search fields for a single search.
    3. Explain searching for readers
    4. Explain the categorization of Category and Genre
    5. Language, and how you can see how many of each language there is in the dropdown.
    6. How the results will display, and what is the "(readers)" bit all about.
    7. Other things we can think of
Once we have this worked out, I'd love to link to it from the search to help people having troubles, or who have questions.
Last edited by kri on January 14th, 2007, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Hi Kri,

Since I'm being a pest over on the new catalogue thread, I'll have look at this over the weekend, and hopefully be of some help.

Thanks,
Carl.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
kri

Post by kri »

CarlManchester wrote:Hi Kri,

Since I'm being a pest over on the new catalogue thread, I'll have look at this over the weekend, and hopefully be of some help.

Thanks,
Carl.
Thanks :) I should have noted this, but I did do a lot of what I was looking for (and Gesine) because I found some time. However, please feel free to go through and edit, add information, etc.
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Hi Kri,

Went to have a look at this, but the link led to a non-existing wiki...

Thanks,
Carl.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
kri

Post by kri »

CarlManchester wrote:Hi Kri,

Went to have a look at this, but the link led to a non-existing wiki...

Thanks,
Carl.
Whoops! Fixed.