Podcast #134&135 - BEFORE YOU PRESS RECORD: TIPS AND TRICKS

Non-reading activities need your help too!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

See my post from Sept 21. I don't know yet. I'm new to podcast-making. I'll keep you posted- don't worry :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Piotrek81 wrote:See my post from Sept 21. I don't know yet. I'm new to podcast-making. I'll keep you posted- don't worry :)
Ahh OK! Just checking! :D thanks! :mrgreen: Thanks for coordinating this!
~Kim
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hi, this is your tardy podcaster speaking :roll:

First of all, I apologize for taking so long to write something about the release. The truth is I suffered from a bad case of procrastination induced by fear of doing sth. new :roll: I promise from now on everything will go more smoothly.
The good news is that once I started putting it all together and figuring out what to do I've made progress very fast. Right now I have all the lines chopped into suitable bits and placed where I want them to be. Another news (good or bad, depending how you look at it) is that this will be a two-part affair. I decided that rather than doing one long installment I will split it into 2 conveniently small releases.
The first part will feature submissions by Algy Pug, MaryAnnSpiegel, Nina Brown, Rapunzelina, Barbara2, Julia_N and Lars Rowlander.

I also have a question about the LV podcast theme. I found the collection of sound effects but they are all in wav. Do I convert them into mp3 in Audacity? If so, how do I do it?

EDIT: Mistake fixed
Last edited by Piotrek81 on November 13th, 2013, 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

FYI, it's MaryAnnSpiegel. :)
I also have a question about the LV podcast theme. I found the collection of sound effects but they are all in wav. Do I convert them into mp3 in Audacity? If so, how do I do it?
Open it in Audacity, like any old file. Then you can copy/paste it into your new project.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

The podcast is almost ready. I just need to do two more things.

About the jingle at the beginning: I noticed that it's in stereo. Can I add it to a mono file just like that or do I have to change sth?

I understand that first I'm supposed to upload the podcast into Ruthie's folder and she'll post the link once she has catalogued it?

EDIT: OK, I've already figured out the answer to the first question.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Yes, I will catalogue it, and post on the blog about it.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

And it's finally here :!:

http://librivox.org/2013/11/15/librivox-community-podcast-no-134/

As this is my first time as a podcast host, I welcome all the feedback you may have about the structure of the podcast, especially from the hosts of former releases. The most difficult part for me was to figure out my responses for what the contributors said.
Last edited by Piotrek81 on November 15th, 2013, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
J_N

Post by J_N »

Great stuff Piotrek... :clap: so weird to hear myself... I've gotten used to hearing myself on book recordings, but normal talking is still very strange (my mind kept going: 'oh my god, my accent my accent!' :lol:)

but very interesting listening to what other people had to say :thumbs: and I think you did a good job linking it all together and picking up the things we said in our parts for a smooth transitioning... :thumbs:
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Piotr! Well done!

I'll save you all the trouble of PMing :lol: and link you to a youtube video that I think demonstrates it pretty well. You might need yoga background to understand it, but, either way, it should be worth it :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TOIBzoxPlY
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

Interesting and helpful! Thanks Piotr.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Ladies and gentlemen :!:

Here comes part two of BEFORE YOU PRESS RECORD: TIPS AND TRICKS
https://archive.org/download/librivox_community_2013/librivox_community_podcast_135.mp3

All the feedback as to contents and structure welcome :)
carolb

Post by carolb »

:clap: Congratulations, Piotr!
Sounds like you've been putting together and hosting podcasts forever :wink:

Huge thanks to you and everyone who took part.

Carol
J_N

Post by J_N »

Well done, Piotr!!! :thumbs:

Really interesting stuff! (I skipped my own part, though :mrgreen: )
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

Thank you Piotr.

I listened and learned. :clap:
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

It's great, Piotr! Good job. I learned a lot from these podcasts, and I'll definitely recommend them to new readers.