All Set [NOT LV]Children's book translationforcharity-please

Non-reading activities need your help too!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Update: This project has been translated into four languages amazingly. It is more proof of how wonderful Librivoxers are!

Update: The Spanish translation has been completed thanks to Ismael (ismapro). Olivia La Valiente Rama de Olivo. Thanks ismapro!
The Dutch translation has been completed by Ernst Pattynama. Olivia het dappere olijftakje. Thank you, Ernst!
The Portuguese translation has been completed by Maria Laura. Olivia, a Corajosa Rama de Oliveira : Uma Historia de Esperanca. Thanks, Maria Laura!
The French translation by Françoise Campo. Olivia,la courageuse branche d’olivier: Un conte plein d’espoir. Thank you, Françoise!

Hi All,
I have a little children's book about Noah's ark. It tells the story from the perspective of the olive branch. Olivia, the Brave Olive Branch: A Story of Hope. The story is about bravery and hope in the face of death. It isn't as bleak as it sounds; the pictures are very colorful and cute. It is 2600 words.
I am donating the proceeds of the book to the Boston Children's Hospital in honor of my granddaughter who has a severe brain injury.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Ernst Pattynama

Post by Ernst Pattynama »

Hello:
Could you translate it into Dutch.
I'd be happy to have a look at it :)
Good Luck!
Ernst
We are never so ridiculous for the qualities we have as for those we pretend to.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Ernst,

Dutch would be really interesting. It would be great. I will get it ready and PM you about it.

Thanks for your help!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
mlaura

Post by mlaura »

I could review the portuguese translation if you need it. :wink:
Would be happy to help.

Maria Laura
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Maria,
That would be great. I will PM you about it.
Thanks!
Amy :D
dii

Post by dii »

I can check the Italian version if it's still needed :)
Diana
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Diana,
That would be wonderful. I will PM you.
Thanks so much!
ismapro

Post by ismapro »

Hi,

I can help you with the spanish review.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thanks! I'll PM you.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Hi, ifg you're still interested, I could translate to Norwegian for you
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Kristin,
Thank you. I will PM you about it.
Thanks!
Babylon5

Post by Babylon5 »

Hi,

I could help you with French, if it hasn't be done yet.

Françoise
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi,
That would be great. I will PM you about it.
Thanks!
Amy
francesb

Post by francesb »

I would love to so an English version, if it hasn't been done already :) I'm afraid I'm not multilingual!
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you for your interest Frances but it is all set now. I appreciate the offer.