[RELEASED] LV 8th Anniversary Podcast

Non-reading activities need your help too!
catrose

Post by catrose »

Librivox's 8th Anniversary! 10th August

Released 10th August 2013. See viewtopic.php?f=24&t=47910

[Edited by RuthieG to make the current situation clear]

Charlotte had to pull out of doing the podcast and I have taken over.

Contributions will be welcome! Please let me know by PM, and upload to my folder rg - RuthieG, naming files podcast8_[yourinitials].mp3. As I intend to keep the podcast down to 45 minutes maximum, I'd be grateful if contributions didn't exceed 3 minutes (shorter is fine!).

Deadline: 1st August, please!

----------------------------------------------------

Catrose previously wrote:

Hello all, I'm hosting the anniversary podcast this year (if that's OK with everyone?) and since we have 133 days left, I thought I'd start all of this early! :D Nothing has to be done yet (in fact, it's probably better if nothing happens on this except for ideas about things to talk about, until at least 2 months before.

Ok, here are My Ideas of what should be in this Podcast

1. Mellon Grant news - This is probably one of the biggest things that has happen this year, what with the server changes and the maintenance and MW's going up then down then up again and, I'm not certain, will everything be completed by the Podcast? If a kind and knowledgeable Admin would talk about this please?

2. Important Things Completed - Any projects that have taken ages to complete that everyone should celebrate? Any canons completed (We're close to finishing the Shakespeare canon)? 6000th project (Carolin) ?

3. New Admins - Any (or All, if possible) of you want to talk about becoming an admin and your year? :)

4. Funny Librivox Anecdotes - Anyone have any funny stories of things (LV related) that have happened this year?

5. Bloopers - I'll put together a reel of some of my favourite bloopers of the year. If anyone has any particular ones they found hilarious, mention them here and I'll try to include them.

6. Newbies - Any newbies (joined after 10th August 2012) who want to say anything, relate there experiences, be interviewed?

7. Statistics - Normally, my favourite part of a podcast! The latest statistics on how many audio books/ projects/ volunteers we have. Preferable from the day before the podcast launches!

8. Hopes and Ambitions - Anyone want to record about what they plan to do next year? What they hope to do?

9. Birthday Messages - Lots and lots of people saying happy birthday to Librivox in lots of different languages, to symbolise our togetherness and multi-culturalism :D

When it comes to a suitable time to start contributing to this, you can talk for as long as you want, as long as you don't mind me cutting bits out if I have to. If not, you can't go wrong with anything under 3 minutes! :D

Please guys, post more ideas below! :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
bootahilley

Post by bootahilley »

Here is a blooper of mine, it is an exerpt from Sonnet 18. http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/bloopers/spc_bloopersonnet18_hh.mp3
Read for Circe the largest dramatic work ever read on LibriVox
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Another idea would be to highlight some of the notable projects cataloged during the year. I can't think of any specific projects off the top of my head, but things like especially long-running projects that were FINALLY completed, "firsts" (such as the first solo in a certain language), the finishing off of a series, a project cataloged in the year of the anniversary of the author (his death, his 200th birthday, etc.)...

This would definitely take some research.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson »

Well, it was the 200th anniversary of the publication of Pride and Prejudice this year, and it is always one of them ost popular downloads, so perhaps you could check in with (was it Karen or Elizabeth?) and see what they learned by making the recording.
My occasional blog is Games from Folktales
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

I just barely squeeze into the "newbie" qualification - so you can interview me if you want!
What am I up to?
Amelia Vol. 2 - 10 sections open
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

LibbyG wrote:I just barely squeeze into the "newbie" qualification - so you can interview me if you want!
Also very new, but loving it here! You can interview me also if you'd like.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

I wouldn't mind sharing some of my future plans for solo projects, if you want.

EDIT: Or the play I really want to do, but am too busy to really work on. ;)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

A bit of news from the cover-people could be included too.
We now have covers for 98% of all finished projects. The number of projects still needing a cover is down to 125.

Bart
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
francesb

Post by francesb »

Ooh can I be interviewed? :D
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
catrose

Post by catrose »

Due to, um, Life in general, I'm going to have to step down as host for this years podcast. Sorry folks.
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks for letting us know! As with claimed sections, there's no shame in giving up special projects, either. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I'll have a crack at it, then. It's a couple of years since I did one. I won't be doing interviews, though.

Contributions will be welcome! Please let me know by PM, and upload to my folder, naming files podcast8_[yourinitials].mp3. As I intend to keep the podcast down to 45 minutes maximum, I'd be grateful if contributions didn't exceed 3 minutes (shorter is fine!).

Deadline: 1st August, please.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

RuthieG wrote:I'll have a crack at it, then. It's a couple of years since I did one. I won't be doing interviews, though.

Contributions will be welcome! Please let me know by PM, and upload to my folder, naming files podcast8_[yourinitials].mp3. As I intend to keep the podcast down to 45 minutes maximum, I'd be grateful if contributions didn't exceed 3 minutes (shorter is fine!).

Deadline: 1st August, please.

Ruth
This might be a dumb question, but I thought I should ask: what, specifically, would you like for us to send? :)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

Not a dumb question! Ditto.
What am I up to?
Amelia Vol. 2 - 10 sections open
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

What LibriVox means to you
What you enjoy most/least
Hopes for the future
Achievements
Anything you'd like to say about LibriVox!

Charlotte had some ideas in the top post.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding