NaNoWriMo Plot Thoughts -- SPOILERS!!

Non-reading activities need your help too!
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

dobbs!

TOP is an IT, not a person?

Do not have access to email.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
TetoYasha

Post by TetoYasha »

I called Top an it because when it is introduced it is called an 'it' because it's gender is unknown. Since then, Top has been both male and female entities. Until someone produces Top's birth certificate, I'm calling it it.
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Cloud Mountain wrote:And Hazel (Fulvia) is really Rebecca. After all, her death was another way of ruining his mind. That she could die twice is what was to the final blow to his psyche. (This is going into 29 folks.) Whatever deeply (healthily) attracted Trevor, CONTROL manipulated and distorted beyond recoognition.
Funny you should mention that, Alan. Was thinking about what Catharine said in chap 26, "She'd taken Trevor back to their shared hotel room at that point, and.. applied a bit of pressure to him, to emphasize how important it was that he be open and honest with her regarding the document."

The elipses got me thinking. Sounds like pressing of the non-metal bar variety.

Also, the fact that Trevor has been hallucinating that the elderly LibriTours guide, Hazel (see Michael's chap 24) became a young Hazel in Trevor's mind (whose features later morphed to Rebecca for him) ... and that he hallucinates that Fulvia is Hazel/Rebecca, indicates the seed of an attraction there. A possible tension.

And we know Fulvia wants to escape her predicament.

I couldn't quite follow your explanation above.
Anita
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

It, yes, see chap 6:
Top, the head of GLOBAL, was unknown to any but the eight Uppers. Since it could be a man or a woman (unlike other organizations, she sniffed mentally, hers was not sexist), Top was always referred to by ‘it.’
Anita
msirois

Post by msirois »

a.r.dobbs wrote: Also, the fact that Trevor has been hallucinating that the elderly LibriTours guide, Hazel (see Michael's chap 24) became a young Hazel in Trevor's mind (whose features later morphed to Rebecca for him) ... and that he hallucinates that Fulvia is Hazel/Rebecca, indicates the seed of an attraction there. A possible tension.
Trevor never met the LibriTours Hazel in Cairo. He went to his hotel room, logged on to LibriVox and Google, decided that the Knights of Malta had left a clue for him, and he took off before having dinner with the tour group and/or Hazel. Any transference of personalities was in Trevor's hardly accurate, overactive imagination.

mikey
Orato Ergo Sum.
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

msirois wrote:Trevor never met the LibriTours Hazel in Cairo. He went to his hotel room, logged on to LibriVox and Google, decided that the Knights of Malta had left a clue for him, and he took off before having dinner with the tour group and/or Hazel. Any transference of personalities was in Trevor's hardly accurate, overactive imagination.

mikey
Oh, thank you mikey! :)

So...Fulvia met him in Cairo? Did his hallucination of being met at the airport have any bearing in reality? How about that envelope that Hazel was supposed to have given him. Smoke and mirrors?

Top's location and the Archive
Unless there are strong objections, I'm actually thinking that the archive needs to be in Malta, home of The Order. Discussed with Gesine -- she suggested it because Valletta is nearly a two-level city, what you see on the ground, and what you don't see, underground. Vast network of tombs and crypts and big spaces not used since WWII.
http://www.orderofmalta.org/knights_malta.asp?idlingua=5
http://www.visitmalta.com/en/what_to_see/wts_maltaspast/wts_maltapast_valletta/wts_maltapast_valletta.html
http://www.visitmalta.com/en/what_to_see/wts_churchesfestas/wts_churchesf_cathedrale/wts_churchesf_cath_stjohn.html
Anita
msirois

Post by msirois »

a.r.dobbs wrote:So...Fulvia met him in Cairo? Did his hallucination of being met at the airport have any bearing in reality? How about that envelope that Hazel was supposed to have given him. Smoke and mirrors?
I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that GLOBAL had already figured out (Uber-villains that they are) that Trevor was on the move and sent Fulvia to pick him up in Malta. She could even have been on the same plane from Cairo for all we know.
Orato Ergo Sum.
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

msirois wrote:I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that GLOBAL had already figured out (Uber-villains that they are) that Trevor was on the move and sent Fulvia to pick him up in Malta. She could even have been on the same plane from Cairo for all we know.
I'd like to think that Trevor had a basis for most of his hallucinations. So I like thinking he conflated Hazel and Fulvia -- heard Hazel mentioned but never actually met her; Fulvia instead met him at the airport in Cairo and simply veered him away from the LibriTours. Then she changes something -- removes a blonde wig, say, and meets him again in Cairo. Yes -- chapter 6, Fulvia calls off Hazel and steps into the picture. She keeps trying to get at Trevor from different angles of his subconscious.

What the hay. I'll go that way.
Anita
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Unless folks object ... I'll go with that way--out notion that Uncle Geoffrey is Top. Staged his own death because he realized he was belatedly suffering the genetic "curse" of the Missous family. He's an Aimes, but T.M. had fathered him during an early hallucination, not meaning to be wayward. :roll:

And Top is not cyborg, not in the sense of part robot part human. But (do you guys hate this idea?) he's sort of jacked into the meta modeler, the Top of the database.

Would you rather that Top is simply AI?
Or would you rather that Top is simply human?
Or would you prefer this meld?
Anita
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Okay. I'll just ... go for it.
Anita
TetoYasha

Post by TetoYasha »

Ok, so all I did was have Top issue an order to scramble all GLOBAL's data, basically bringing civilized world to a standstill (inspired by the rabbit hole database). Then Fulvia is incapacitated by a device in her brain. It should be easy enough to take out, and she's sorry she turned to a life of evil. She'll probably help whoever rescues her.

I realize that I introduce a throwaway character called "Faiza" into this, she's a character from my solo NaNo, but I wasn't thinking that the name is too close to Fulvia. I'll change it in the morning, I doubt anyone else will want her so I doubt it's an emergency.

Also, it's basically not even editted once, and I apoligize profusely for being such a screw up. I'll try to do some fixing in the morning.
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

a.r.dobbs wrote:I couldn't quite follow your explanation above.
It's a seed, not much more.

Have to shee ehat the 28 & 29 ladies come up with. looks like (from PM's) 28 will be well late. Which I'm very happy to hear, as I ain't got one clue 'bout 29. I spent all day 'splaining the story to 3 of my classes. which was very helpful. they'll be writing their (3) chapt 30's on thursday & friday and finalizing things minday. (so what if they're late, right!)

some live the story. some think it's too complicated. NONE have read or listened to it. a few have read the summaries.

we'll see.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

TetoYasha wrote:Ok, so all I did was have Top issue an order to scramble all GLOBAL's data, basically bringing civilized world to a standstill (inspired by the rabbit hole database). Then Fulvia is incapacitated by a device in her brain. It should be easy enough to take out, and she's sorry she turned to a life of evil. She'll probably help whoever rescues her.

I realize that I introduce a throwaway character called "Faiza" into this, she's a character from my solo NaNo, but I wasn't thinking that the name is too close to Fulvia. I'll change it in the morning, I doubt anyone else will want her so I doubt it's an emergency.

Also, it's basically not even editted once, and I apoligize profusely for being such a screw up. I'll try to do some fixing in the morning.
you're not a screw up, you're an angel. The longer you take, the stallier I can be... ha ha ha! 29 will not appear much before or much much after midnight tomorrow. it will be a short first draft so we have a story line and then it will be expanded for literary porpoises.

please remeber that i'm essentially writing FOUR chapter 30's as well. (oh it's fun to be a teacher.)
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

yikes! it's 1:34 am. I have to get up at six. gotta git a lil sleep, no?
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Same message is on the reg NaNoWriMo thread...

Am preparing the penultimate chapter (29),
Don't wish to mess up everyone for 30.

But

Carefully reviewing all previous chapters, I'm stumpted, particularly in view of Trvor having been finally saved from his three weeks of spending time with imaginary doplegangers.

As it almost seems that everyone's been everywhere and on everyone's side and posed as everyone else...

I would like a simple explanation from any and all on who's who and who's aligned with whom:

World Com
Global
The Order
Elder's Group

Red
Elder
Reynolds
Gray/Grayson
Tracy/Tracy
Fluvia
Hazel/Becky/Rebecca

and there are others.

Grazie.