NaNoWriMo Plot Thoughts -- SPOILERS!!

Non-reading activities need your help too!
shortcircuit

Post by shortcircuit »

I think I died... or maybe a few brain cells strained themselves to death...

Who was the Order sending the messages to in the first place? I might have missed it... (were they sending messages to the hackers? um...)

*starts going over facts in her head...*

By the way... I like that post, Anita. :D It's my friend right now...
- Maria
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Tell me again why we're doing this? :hmm:
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

thistlechick wrote:Tell me again why we're doing this? :hmm:
Fun. Fun together. Also fun exposure to another fun generous online arena/communitysorta to cross-pollinate and make more fun folks aware we're here and doing this (audiobooks).

And so we'll sigh with great relief and realize how relatively easy it is to record all public domain works compared to writing one NaNoWriMo entry collectively. ;)

But mostly because we do keep having ... uh, :hmm: what are we having again?
shortcircuit wrote:By the way... I like that post, Anita. :D It's my friend right now...
bless you thank you bless you
Anita
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

ah.. yes, thank you Anita.. promotion.. that's it, we're not really trying to write a real coherent story... ok, i think i'm back on track now ;)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
shortcircuit

Post by shortcircuit »

thistlechick wrote:ah.. yes, thank you Anita.. promotion.. that's it, we're not really trying to write a real coherent story... ok, i think i'm back on track now ;)
oh, good...

*goes off to write now that she knows coherent isn't the goal...*
- Maria
shortcircuit

Post by shortcircuit »

Right.

I think I fixed most of the problems with Ch. 21 that Anita found...

Trevor doesn't die.

I don't think so, anyway.

I'm not that mean.

I think Reynolds was the mole for the Order in GLOBAL. He somehow managed to steal the real Tracey away from GLOBAL and bring her back to Rome (or wherever... I've never been to Rome and I'm pretty sure cathedrals don't come with courtyards and airfields and ruins...)

I also think that Top was planning to escape. And did find a way to open her cell door (she'd been moved from the windowless room...) And she got a knife from... someone. It was chaos, basically.

Hm. Er.
- Maria
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Oh cool...those were the questions I had asked you in a PM.

The only one not answered already, then, is who shot and who got shot? I'm guessing Top was the shooter -- somebody getting too close to her in the scuffle. But hey, I thought The Order didn't carry guns. So she'd have had to conceal a gun ... and a knife ...

But who do you suppose was shot?
Anita
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Here's more thinking aloud from Maria/shortcircuit in a PM -- she has to dash to dance, so I'm sharing here to save her a separate post to Spoilers:
in a note, shortcircuit wrote:I think that Reynolds is the Order's mole. I was thinking that he had to kill Hazel to make his cover work (I may have been thinking about Harry Potter here) but you gave me a new idea. I think the only mention of Reynolds before this is in raezel's chapter where Hazel is shot. It says that Sergeant Reynolds walked into the room or something.... Maybe he tried to counteract the order to shoot them but it didn't happen in time. And Trevor notices him, thinks he's the guy who gave the order to shoot, gets mad, goes crazy, etc.

As for the shooting... um. Well. Top was doing some talking into her little mic thing. Maybe she was calling her mole in the Order to come get her. And the mole had a gun and shot random person in the dungeon. Confused erm...

I think Top had it all planned out. breaking through rusty dungeon cell doors cannot be too much of a problem. Especially if you're in charge of an organization like GLOBAL. (she had to have skillz to get that high, right?) And in the chaos she snatched a knife from one of those random people. (or her mole could have given her one...)

I should probably explain all this in the spoiler thread, shouldn't I?
Anita
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

a.r.dobbs wrote:
thistlechick wrote:Tell me again why we're doing this? :hmm:
Fun. Fun together. Also fun exposure to another fun generous online arena/communitysorta to cross-pollinate and make more fun folks aware we're here and doing this (audiobooks).

And so we'll sigh with great relief and realize how relatively easy it is to record all public domain works compared to writing one NaNoWriMo entry collectively. ;)

But mostly because we do keep having ... uh, :hmm: what are we having again?
shortcircuit wrote:By the way... I like that post, Anita. :D It's my friend right now...
bless you thank you bless you

Yes, I agree we are having fun. We are also dizzy and sleep-deprived (more than than the usual Librivoxian loss of sleep that is.)

I repeat. We're having fun.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Reynolds = Gerhardt?
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
shortcircuit

Post by shortcircuit »

I always thought they were different people...
- Maria
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Cloud Mountain wrote:Reynolds = Gerhardt?
:shock: You're not suggesting that they merge, are you? They've just greeted each other in the dungeon.
Anita
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

a.r.dobbs wrote:
Cloud Mountain wrote:Reynolds = Gerhardt?
:shock: You're not suggesting that they merge, are you? They've just greeted each other in the dungeon.
Gulp.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

AND Reynolds spoke to Grey over the earpiece thing. They are NOT one and the same.

Unless Grey was talking to himself... waitaminute... rrrr...

-Catharine
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Big spoiler!

I'd like a really quick opinion on Fulvia. I can either:

- have her disappear for good via Interpol, OR

- have her tell Interpol about Global (and potentially the database), which then drags Interpol in as an active player at the last minute.

Any preferences? I'd tend to go for the first, because it uncomplicates things rather than further complicates things... but I was doing research on Interpol the other night, and they've got this big ol' database, see, and in the real world, they might well like to get their hands on Global's database, if someone told them about it.

Never mind that I expect Trevor will have broken the database/modeler before Interpol could actually get their hands on it.

Anyway. Could people writing after Sunday express an opinion?

-Catharine