LibriVox 7th Anniversary Podcast

Non-reading activities need your help too!
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

ImageCALLING ALL LIBRIVOX FANS!!!Image

We have a little over ONE month to produce the LibriVox 7th anniversary Community podcast.
And remember, what makes the community podcast a community podcast is the chorus of voices that make up this marvelous international bundle of spoken word enthusiastic volunteers we are! So please consider adding your voice to this LibriVox 7th anniversary community podcast!

Seven is a magical number, so I think we can have a magical podcast.

Here are my ideas for segments:

1. Important milestones of the year - interesting statistics, a word or two about the grant we received, other ones ...

2. Perhaps some contributions from members who joined after August 10, 2011 talking about their experience and feelings about LV

3. I thought I MIGHT do a little retrospective of past anniversary shows. Maybe?

4. I think lots of clips of members saying "Happy 7th Birthday, LibriVox!" along with a brief resume - or a few words of reflection - of your year's activity here would be really nice.

5. Some thoughts from some veteran admins on where we are headed in the next year and years to come, perhaps?

6. We need someone or several to pay tribute to the prominent members who have passed away. I'm thinking of Gregg Margarite, for instance. Ruth did very nice ones last year and it would be great to do these again.

That's all I can think of for now.
Please add your ideas and volunteer to contribute.
The anniversary show can be a really great way for us to come together as a community, especially if lots of people contribute.

Name the file lv7th_anniv_pdcst_yourname.mp3, upload to Cori's cs folder, and post here or PM me with the link and length, please. Deadline is August 1.

Bob
Last edited by bobgon55 on July 2nd, 2012, 12:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Petra

Post by Petra »

I don't have the time to contribute much to this, and most of the ideas just sound lovely, but this sparked an idea:
4. Lots of clips of members saying "Happy Birthday,LibriVox!"
...in lots of different languages? :D The few words about our experience here (or whatever we want to say in addition) could then be in English so that everybody will understand. I think a whole row of birthday wishes in various languages and voices would be really cool though. (Maybe right at the end? There could be a chunk of that as well as a happy birthday + comment bit, in my opinion.)
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Petra wrote:I don't have the time to contribute much to this, and most of the ideas just sound lovely, but this sparked an idea:
4. Lots of clips of members saying "Happy Birthday,LibriVox!"
...in lots of different languages? :D The few words about our experience here (or whatever we want to say in addition) could then be in English so that everybody will understand. I think a whole row of birthday wishes in various languages and voices would be really cool though. (Maybe right at the end? There could be a chunk of that as well as a happy birthday + comment bit, in my opinion.)
Yes all kinds of different languages, AND, just now remembering that this was done in previous anniversary podcasts, I think the phrase should be (in whatever language) "Happy SEVENTH birthday (or anniversary), LibriVox!" (I just edited this in the first post.)

So will you contribute a Happy 7th birthday/anniversary message, Petra?
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Bob, I'm very much interested in contributing a "Happy seventh birthday LibriVox" with some congratulatory words in English, Tagalog, Bisaya. Do I send them individually, or do I have them uploaded in one file? :)
I also just joined this year, so I might do
2. Perhaps some contributions from members who joined after August 10, 2011 talking about their experience and feelings about LV
this one too :)
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

JohanLiebert wrote:Bob, I'm very much interested in contributing a "Happy seventh birthday LibriVox" with some congratulatory words in English, Tagalog, Bisaya. Do I send them individually, or do I have them uploaded in one file? :)
I also just joined this year, so I might do
this one too :)
Good question, April. Thanks for asking it. I forgot to tell the details about contributing.

Just upload all as one file if you can, please. Name the file lv7th_anniv_pdcst_yourname.mp3, upload to Cori's cs folder, and post here or PM me with the link and length, please. Deadline is August 1.

Thanks for your interest in contributing!

Bob
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

bobgon55 wrote:Good question, April. Thanks for asking it. I forgot to tell the details about contributing.

Just upload all as one file if you can, please. Name the file lv7th_anniv_pdcst_yourname.mp3, upload to Cori's cs folder, and post here or PM me with the link and length, please. Deadline is August 1.

Thanks for your interest in contributing!

Bob
:wink: I'm all excited about this :)
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
AnabelleCas

Post by AnabelleCas »

Hi Bob!
I'd like to contribute with a "Feliz septimo aniversario, Librivox!" in Spanish.
And, like April, I'm pretty new here (unlike April, not so active and productive :D), so I can say a little something about my experience here (that would be in English, right?).
I'd probably be recording it next week.
Thanks!
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

AnabelleCas wrote:Hi Bob!
I'd like to contribute with a "Feliz septimo aniversario, Librivox!" in Spanish.
And, like April, I'm pretty new here (unlike April, not so active and productive :D), so I can say a little something about my experience here (that would be in English, right?).
I'd probably be recording it next week.
Thanks!
That would be wonderful, Anabelle! Yes, I think more people would understand your talk about your experience here if it were in English, if that's OK with you. But to have the anniversary message in Spanish will be a really nice contribution.

Thank you for your interest in the podcast!

Bob
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I can contribute birthday wishes in Polish :) Also, if you plan on a segment with the new volunteers talking about their LV experience, I'll be happy to record someting :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Piotrek81 wrote:I can contribute birthday wishes in Polish :) Also, if you plan on a segment with the new volunteers talking about their LV experience, I'll be happy to record someting :)
Yes, please, to all of that, Piotrek!

Bob
AnabelleCas

Post by AnabelleCas »

bobgon55 wrote: That would be wonderful, Anabelle! Yes, I think more people would understand your talk about your experience here if it were in English, if that's OK with you. But to have the anniversary message in Spanish will be a really nice contribution.

Thank you for your interest in the podcast!
Bob
Great, then!
And thank YOU and all the librivoxers for the podcasts: they are hard work and they are great: when I can, I listen to them: great suggestions, topics and interviews (loved the multilingual ones).
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

AnabelleCas wrote: And thank YOU and all the librivoxers for the podcasts: they are hard work and they are great: when I can, I listen to them: great suggestions, topics and interviews (loved the multilingual ones).
Thank so much for this Anabelle! It's very rewarding to know you listen, like, and took the time to let us know you do. Just like all our recordings for LibriVox, or perhaps much more in a way, we podcasters (hosts and contributors) often feel like we are speaking into the wind. The podcasts are really much more for the LibriVox community itself and that means an even more limited audience than the catalog, although, I suppose SOME random LV listeners who aren't audio performers might want to listen to our community chat. It means a lot that you listen and appreciate the time and effort that goes into making podcasts.

If you have time, remember that past podcasts - even ones from years ago - also make great listening, especially if you are interested in the phenomenon that is LibriVox.

Bob
AnabelleCas

Post by AnabelleCas »

bobgon55 wrote:Just like all our recordings for LibriVox, or perhaps much more in a way, we podcasters (hosts and contributors) often feel like we are speaking into the wind.
My experience as storyteller and a museum educator (less pompous than it sounds) has taught me this: it's amazing what speaking to the wind brings: sometimes just a speck of dust, but other times it's a small seed... or hopefully a whole tree (but no tree branches hitting on anyone's face!).

bobgon55 wrote:If you have time, remember that past podcasts - even ones from years ago - also make great listening, especially if you are interested in the phenomenon that is LibriVox.
That's an invitation that the researcher in me can't refuse! And that's all I'm going to say :thumbs:
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

I'm sure I can get my son to say happy birthday in French and Danish :mrgreen:

I will see if I can come up with any smart idea...
Regarding milestones, there has been one event this year: the cataloging of the Scarlet Pimpernel, which almost took 5 years to complete... Not sure about the Pirates of Penzance, but I think that was a very long one too.
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Oh, and maybe include the link to our brand-new and quite active Facebook page? Could be in any podcast, of course.
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus