LibriVox 7th Anniversary Podcast

Non-reading activities need your help too!
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

It's great, Julia! Yaaay! :clap: :clap: Another song! What a wonderful celebration it will be, indeed! I'm adding it right now!

Bob
catrose

Post by catrose »

Three Days! :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
J_N

Post by J_N »

Thank you, Bob!

Looking forward to the podcast - you are very good at this :thumbs: (and now I am off to listen to #130)
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Thank you, both, Cat and Julia! I never tire of anxious podcast listeners and compliments. :9: You're both lovely people. :D

Julia, I hope you enjoy #130. It was a joy and privilege to converse with Hugh. And Brad Bush was an added treat.

Bob
J_N

Post by J_N »

bobgon55 wrote:Julia, I hope you enjoy #130. It was a joy and privilege to converse with Hugh. And Brad Bush was an added treat.

Bob
It was great; so interesting to hear about all that has been going on and how fond everyone still is of Librivox - even if they are not active here anymore :D

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

J_N wrote:It was great; so interesting to hear about all that has been going on and how fond everyone still is of Librivox - even if they are not active here anymore :D
Thanks, Julia! I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you are really interested in things that have been going on as they happened, there are so many past podcasts, starting from September 2006, that provide a sort of "oral history" of LibriVox. In case you have not already found this page, they can all be easily accessed here.

Bob
J_N

Post by J_N »

bobgon55 wrote:
J_N wrote:It was great; so interesting to hear about all that has been going on and how fond everyone still is of Librivox - even if they are not active here anymore :D
Thanks, Julia! I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you are really interested in things that have been going on as they happened, there are so many past podcasts, starting from September 2006, that provide a sort of "oral history" of LibriVox. In case you have not already found this page, they can all be easily accessed here.

Bob
Yes, thank you - I know this site... I have listened to some of them in the past, if the topic was of interest to me... unfortunately, the really old ones don't have any contents listed :)

Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Here is my (somewhat belated) contribution:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/cs/lv7th_anniv_pdcst_algypug.mp3
4:35

Recorded, in your honour, Bob, on a Samson Gomic.

Cheers

Algy Pug
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by bobgon55 »

Thank you, Algy! Yes, we do share a devotion to the Samson Go Mic. I wonder if I will ever use any other mic to record for LibriVox. While I have interesting results with others, for the convenience, and the quality compare to its astonishing price, I feel it cannot be beaten. (And there I have the beginnings of the next podcast I am planning, entitled "Me and My Microphone," more on which later. :D )

Great, elegant contribution to the 7th anniversary podcast, and in plenty of time to make it in. :thumbs:

Bob
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Bob,

BellonTimes dedicated his recording in the Short Scifi story collection to Gregg. He okayed me submitting it in remembrance of Gregg.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/cs/lv7th_anniv_pdcst_bellonatimes.mp3

Thanks,
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

Hi Bob
Here's my little offering. Sorry it's so late, Hope it's not too late.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/cs/lv7th_anniv_pdcst_ajm.mp3
Regards
Andy Minter
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

It's great, as usual, Andy. And very much in time. Thanks! :D

Bob
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

LibriVox Community Podcast #131

Listen to LibriVox Community Podcast #131 hosted by Bob Gonzalez (bobgon55)

Duration: 1:04:27

LibriVox 7th Anniversary Show

Featuring TriciaG, Carol Box, Phil Chenevert, Amy Gramour, Hobbit, Charlotte Duckett (catrose), Betty, Andy Minter, Algy Pug, Petra, April Gonzales, Jason Mills, Patti Cunningham, Piotrek81, Masa, Peter Yearsley, Sara O’Conner, David Barnes, Cori Samuel, Caprisha Page, sidhu, Nadine Eckert-Bouchet & family, Julia Niedermaier

00:00 Introduction

00:51 Tribute to Gregg Margarite
(by Betty (libraryanne), read by TriciaG)

04:45 The Magical Number Seven (Bob & Carol Box)

06:28 LibriVox Statistics for 2011-2012 (TriciaG)

09:16 New Administrators!
09:40 Phil Chenevert
13:47 Amy Gramour

15:40 Interviews with New Volunteers
17:00 Hobbit
23:37 Charlotte Duckett (catrose)

41:50 Update on the Mellon Grant (TriciaG)

45:50 Reflections on this past LibriYear and many anniversary/birthday wishes for LibriVox from:

Bob Gonzalez, Andy Minter, Algy Pug, Petra, April Gonzales, Jason Mills, Patti Cunningham, Piotrek81, Masa, Peter Yearsley, Sara O’Conner, David Barnes, Cori Samuel, Hobbit, Charlotte Duckett (catrose), Caprisha Page, sidhu, Nadine Eckert-Bouchet & family, Julia Niedermaier, Carol Box, & TriciaG
ppcunningham

Post by ppcunningham »

Excellent, Bob. Congratulations.

Patti
The trouble with life isn't that there is no answer, it's that there are so many answers. Ruth Benedict

Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema

My Page
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

ppcunningham wrote:Excellent, Bob. Congratulations.
Patti
Thank you, Patti. A lot of great contributions make a great podcast, right?
Bob