LibriVox Community Podcast Planning

Non-reading activities need your help too!
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

I would like to do the next community podcast, on the subject of "My First..." focusing on first experiences for LibriVox volunteers and listeners, like: My First Solo, My First Recording, etc., and also tips for future volunteers.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Sure thing, Kangaroo. Just let me know if you have any questions along the way. Good luck!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

A very good idea Kangaroo. It might be a good help to many who would like to join LibriVox but are hesitating to try.
Good Luck!
Lars
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Cori wrote:Just let me know if you have any questions along the way.
Could you MC this podcast?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We don't really MC podcasts you are on your own .

Anne
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

annise wrote:We don't really MC podcasts you are on your own .

Anne
Sorry, I just saw where it says upload to the cs - Cori folder.
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Do I upload the podcast to Archive myself?
Cori

Post by Cori »

Kangaroo692 wrote:Do I upload the podcast to Archive myself?
No, if you upload it to my folder and put the link and notes in this thread, I'll upload it to archive and create the blog post which launches it into people's podcatchers. (Other admins can do this, too, but I'm happy to.)

I'd appreciate an alert the day before you think you're going to release, so I know to keep an eye out for it.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Thanks, Cori.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Time to start thinking about the 10th Anniversary podcast to be released on 10th August. It's got to be a good one :). Ideas, please!

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
J_N

Post by J_N »

you could go the OCD route with 10s of something...
interviews with the 10 longest members? the 10 members with the most sections completed? the most solos?
background info on the 10 most downloaded books... or maybe the most downloaded book from every year since the beginning?

maybe there is some interesting trivia about the anniversary date... something like "100 years ago this or that happened"

:hmm:
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Some great ideas there! Thank you, Julia :)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

2016 commemorates 400 years since the death of William Shakespeare.
I'm just offering the idea in case someone would be interested in making a Librivox podcast about it!
catrose

Post by catrose »

Rapunzelina wrote:2016 commemorates 400 years since the death of William Shakespeare.
I'm just offering the idea in case someone would be interested in making a Librivox podcast about it!
I would like to take on a Shakespeare podcast, if I can. I've already had a few ideas, but it would mainly be about reliving Shakespeare moments and speeches on Librivox from our past and favourite productions here, featuring people explaining which their favourite was and showing clips.

I'd especially like to include Denny Sayer's Friar's speech from Romeo and Juliet version 4, which he claimed was "actually the lead role of this wonderful play, in my opinion" :lol: Gosh, I miss him
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
catrose

Post by catrose »

I know how to do Librivox podcasts. Bob talked me through it, so I can do it unless the method of podcasting has changed dramatically in four years :lol:
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!