LibriVox Community Podcast Planning

Non-reading activities need your help too!
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Thank you, David! It was great to talk to Sean. I'm hope you enjoyed Sean's tribute to you. Well deserved, I should say! :thumbs:

Cheers,
Bob
ductapeguy

Post by ductapeguy »

That was fun. It was long enough since our conversation that I was listening with fresh ears. Thanks Bob. You made me sound almost articulate. :)
[size=84] Sean McGaughey
Librivox: [url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=231]Catalog[/url] | [url=http://ductapeguy.net]ductapeguy.net-- My music and podcasts[/url][/size]
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You made me sound almost articulate. :)
:lol:

By the way, I think that for our get together at David's house, only YOU brought all your best microphones. Ha ha!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Sean, I did a lot of micro-editing but I think the best result is that I cut out as many of my annoying interruptions as I could. I'm still a bit embarrassed that I didn't let you talk enough and kept bursting in with my own views on the topics. ("Shut up, Bob! Let the man talk.") It was hard narrowing the wealth of your information from over an hour to less than half but from all the positive response so far, it seemed to work.

Gesine's up next on July 1.

Bob
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

LibriVox: The Pioneer Days series will now be 5 parts long because my conversation with Gesine (parts 3 & 4) will be spread over podcasts #128 & 129 and scheduled for release July 1 & July 15, respectively. Then my conversation with Hugh (part #5, podcast #130) is scheduled for release August 1.

Podcast #131 will be the LibriVox 7th anniversary Podcast, scheduled for release August 10.
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

LibriVox Community Podcast #128

Listen to LibriVox Community Podcast #128 hosted by Bob Gonzalez (bobgon55).

Duration: 23m 20s

LibriVox: The Pioneer Days – Part Three of a Five-part Series.

Featuring a conversation with Gesine

00:00 – Intro
01:39 – Joining LibriVox
02:40 – What is it about you that made LibriVox so appealing
03:36 – What did you do at first?
07:12 – Making it up as went along? Involved? How?
1st with 10,000 posts
09:15 – Spearheading? Instructionals. MCing
10:01 – Controversies, growing pains?
Erotica – flagging – LV seen as a library
A lot of people “get it” & enter discussion
11:20 – Quality Naturally Improving
Talented people inspire one another now
Editing magic
13:50 – Podcasts, how added; Community, friends; Another dimension
15:31 – What did it FEEL like to be in the project in the day?
“Pioneers!”
Reading, recording things I never would have touched otherwise
18:14 – Wacky projects?
Weekly Poetry, Ulysses
NanaWriMo project; Community Exercise, like podcasts
21:24 – Outro – More on the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) projects

Gesine’s Mystery Podcast – LibriVox Community Podcast #63
Nov 22, 2007
http://www.archive.org/download/librivox_community/librivox_community_podcast_63.mp3

National Novel Writing Month site: http://www.nanowrimo.org/

LibriVox NaNoWriMo Novel 2006: The Mystery
Forum Thread: viewtopic.php?t=3892
Catalog: http://librivox.org/the-librivox-nanowrimo-novel-2006/

LibriVox NaNoWriMo Novel 2007:
Forum Thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10442&hilit=nanowrimo
Catalog: http://librivox.org/the-yellow-sheet-by-librivox-volunteers/

We are interested in whatever feedback – positive or constructively critical – anyone has about this third podcast of the series. You may also contribute statistics, comments, and promos to be added to the next two, which have the featured interviews already set.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hi :mrgreen: Are you surprised to read my message here? :mrgreen:

I especially liked the bit about microediting. That's something I need to learn how to do. Recently I tried to cut out one sound (I think it was final "s") from a word, but I failed...
Also, thanks for the explanations about the NaNoWriMo thing- I was kind of mystified by that, when I saw it mentioned so often in the forum.
Finally, where did get that funky, folky tune from? :mrgreen: I like it :D
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Piotrek81 wrote:Hi :mrgreen: Are you surprised to read my message here? :mrgreen:

I especially liked the bit about microediting. That's something I need to learn how to do. Recently I tried to cut out one sound (I think it was final "s") from a word, but I failed...
Also, thanks for the explanations about the NaNoWriMo thing- I was kind of mystified by that, when I saw it mentioned so often in the forum.
Finally, where did get that funky, folky tune from? :mrgreen: I like it :D
Hi Piotrek!

Not surprised to read your message, but definitely delighted -- as always! :D

Wow, you have really read the forums thoroughly! I'd not seen NaNoWriMo mentioned on the forums; I heard it mentioned in the podcasts and then went and found them in the forums by a special search. Anyway, glad you liked that I added the explanation. I thought it would be necessary.

The folk fiddle tune is from this Voyager Records and Publications site. I wrote to ask permission to use some of their music and the kind hosts said I could use these field recordings all I wanted. The particular one I used for the opening few seconds this time is called "Evergreen Stomp." :D

Thanks for listening right away, Piotrek! You don't know how happy it makes me to know you are "at the ready" once the podcast is released. :D

Bob
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Today, Bob, I have taken time to sit down to listen to and enjoy both Podcast 127 and 128. And I have enjoyed them very much! They are both very, very interesting, informative and great fun too. You have done an excellent work (as usual), and I am eagerly looking forward to the next. :thumbs:

Lars :D
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Thank you so much, Lars! :D I'm glad you enjoyed them. Both Sean and Gesine was marvelous to converse with. More from Gesine and a talk with Hugh coming up next!

Bob
J_N

Post by J_N »

Just finished 126-128. Very interesting and well done :clap: :clap: :clap:
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

J_N wrote:Just finished 126-128. Very interesting and well done :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you, Julia!

Bob
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Hi!

Do we have a 64kbps version of the podcast? If we have, where do I find it?
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
Cori

Post by Cori »

No, we don't, I'm not really sure why but for some reason archive.org is only deriving OGG files from this, no zips and no 64kb.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Cori wrote:No, we don't, I'm not really sure why but for some reason archive.org is only deriving OGG files from this, no zips and no 64kb.
Aww... :(
Well I guess I just have to bear with my very slow connection...
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!