LibriVox Community Podcast Planning

Non-reading activities need your help too!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Rowland wrote:In the new layout it says:

To Subscribe to the Librivox Community Podcast, go to:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/LibrivoxCommunityPodcastLars
Where does it say that. I still can't find it.
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

I looked up the Anniversary Podcast at:
http://librivox.org/2013/08/10/librivox-8th-anniversary-podcast-new-beginning/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LibrivoxCommunityPodcast+%28LibriVox+Community+Podcast%29

and at the bottom of the Page found this:

To Subscribe to the Librivox Community Podcast, go to:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/LibrivoxCommunityPodcast

Or hit this itunes link to get you to the subscribe page:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=203970211

Recent past LibriVox Community Podcast files can be found at our spot on: Archive.org and archived shows for previous years can be found at: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011, 2010 and 2012.

Archived shownotes for the Community Podcast can be found at:
http://librivox.org/category/librivox-community-podcast/

And the rss feed for those shownotes is:
http://librivox.org/category/librivox-community-podcast/feed

I hope that will be of som help.
Lars
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
smike

Post by smike »

How do I subscribe to it in google chrome browser? I can't find any option.
Claudia

So much to do, so little time...
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

So has anyone volunteered to host the Solo Project episode of the podcast? If not, I wouldn't mind volunteering to put that one together, as I will have some free time in the coming weeks.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I rarely check on this subforum, otherwise I would have responded much earlier :)
Anyway, I would be interested in contributing if you're still interested in putting in together, Chuck :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Cori

Post by Cori »

Go for it, Chuck! Podcasts are few and far between these days, and always welcome when they do arrive. It's really not too hard (especially for someone with DW experience) ... have fun with it!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Cori wrote:Go for it, Chuck! Podcasts are few and far between these days, and always welcome when they do arrive. It's really not too hard (especially for someone with DW experience) ... have fun with it!
I think I'm going to do it! :) I might need some help with the ins and outs, but I can go ahead and start hounding folks for contributions. Just give me a second to get all my ducks in a row and I'll start the preliminary first steps of getting the podcast episode out there.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Chuck, If by Solo Project you mean, gathering comments on doing solo projects, I'd love to contribute. I've done only 2 so far so I can probably bring a newbie's perspective. All I need is some direction, such as questions to answer, where to upload a file, how long I have to talk, etc. I've never participated on a CP, so I don't know how it goes together.
smike

Post by smike »

Well said, Michele, exactly my thoughts. :)
Claudia

So much to do, so little time...
francesb

Post by francesb »

I wouldn't mind contributing either!
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I could contribute something about my finished solos and/or a cautionary piece about abandoning one's solo.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

I've done 55 solo full-length novels. Is there anything I can offer? Maybe planning and pacing?
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I seem to have done quite a few solos, too (and have 3 on the go :roll: ). Perhaps I can contribute something along the lines of the loneliness of the long-distance soloist...

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
msfry

Post by msfry »

RuthieG wrote:I seem to have done quite a few solos, too (and have 3 on the go :roll: ). Perhaps I can contribute something along the lines of the loneliness of the long-distance soloist...
Ruth
That is so true. Having done the unabridged Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea (only my second solo), which took 3 months of extreme dedication, I learned the importance of the MC and a DPL'er who stays right with you on the project. Knowing that someone is going to listen, and SOON, can be the only thing standing between the reader and total isolation, and maybe even demotivation. I also fantasized that Verne was standing over my shoulder, connecting with me as I connected with him, urging me on. And then there was the world of future listeners to contemplate. I tried to read for them as if they were waiting in the wings. Corny techniques, perhaps, but it did keep me going through some long and tedious moments.

If I had known how vexing all those scientific terms would be to pronounce like I knew them, and research, research, and edit, edit 'til I got them all right, I would NEVER have begun the project! And which characters needed which voices! So I can certainly speak to reading your material ahead of time!
DrewJ

Post by DrewJ »

For me, the hardest part of a solo is giving it the attention it needs. I'm constantly finding a project that has orphaned chapters, and I want to help push to the finish, or find a book that I've always loved, and want to record a chapter or two.
A shoutout to all the great DPLers who are such an encouragement on the long haul.

Speaking of which, I need to give me solo some attention...
When the hurlyburly's done,
When the battle's lost and won. -Second Witch
Read some poetry?