LibriVox Community Podcast Planning

Non-reading activities need your help too!
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle » January 6th, 2019, 3:04 pm

I'm excited to see this episode so soon after the last one-- but my podcast app isn't able to download it for some reason. is there something wonky in the code somewhere that might be preventing it?

I'll find a way to listen one way or another, but I thought I'd mention it in case it can be fixed easily.
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » January 12th, 2019, 5:47 pm

I hope someone figured this out. I wouldn't know where to start. I just made the thing! :lol:

I didn't listen on an app, I just went straight to the archive page. I hope, when you are able to listen, that it was worth your while. :wink:

plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle » February 20th, 2019, 6:53 pm

finally made time to listen via browser-- what a very nice episode this was. lovely work!
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

loon

Post by loon » June 29th, 2019, 6:49 pm

Hello podcast folks. Have there been any segments on sexism / racism in recent ‘casts? If not, I’d love to hear suchlike. 100-year-old books are full of stuff that doesn’t agree with modern sensibilities ( ao it’s in your interest to look at a book/chapter before you volunteer to record it!
Rich Brown
FullLoon.com

plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle » July 1st, 2019, 5:03 pm

I don't think there have been-- not recently and not ever the focus of a podcast episode that I know of. it would be a really fascinating one! possibly a touchy subject for some, though.
but if people would be willing to share, we should collect some stories from everyone and get working on a new episode...
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » July 2nd, 2019, 12:04 pm

The Podcasts page lists the main theme of each recording, and if you scan back through this topic, you'll find the show notes which give more detail for each one. Combining both hopefully also gives an idea about the tone of the show ... these topics would need sensitive handling to be open to anyone to listen, which is a key goal of the podcast for me. Always family-friendly and generally positive and encouraging. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!

KevinS

Post by KevinS » July 14th, 2019, 7:29 pm

loon wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 6:49 pm
Hello podcast folks. Have there been any segments on sexism / racism in recent ‘casts? If not, I’d love to hear suchlike. 100-year-old books are full of stuff that doesn’t agree with modern sensibilities ( ao it’s in your interest to look at a book/chapter before you volunteer to record it!
It's certainly an interesting and important topic, but I don't know how it would be covered without it sounding like a lecture.
E agora, José?

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » July 14th, 2019, 8:10 pm

Podcasts are more about LV than world problems and really everything that could be said about racism in literature and LV has been said in the threads, you either don't sign on for the chapter or read it as it was written. It's a personal choice. And that's really all I can say without it becoming controversial.

Anne