HELP WANTED - Weekly Featured Recording (Updates Regularly)

Non-reading activities need your help too!
kri

Post by kri »

Sayeth wrote:Next week's theme should be best scary story/poem/book!
Well, I need some suggestions to start with!
shortcircuit

Post by shortcircuit »

um... Dracula?
- Maria
kri

Post by kri »

shortcircuit wrote:um... Dracula?
Give me more than that! Why? Have you listened to it? Why did you like if you did?
shortcircuit

Post by shortcircuit »

Eep. I'm not entirely done listening to it yet... :?
- Maria
kri

Post by kri »

This week's pick is War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells.

The solo version is read by Rebecca.

The collaborative version is read by Stephan Möbius, Chris Goringe, Peter Yearsley, Joseph Morris, Kara Shallenberg, Mike Shapiro, Tony Gray, Kristin Luoma, Chip, Kathleen (Kathy) P. King, and Jean Crevier.
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Thanks kri, I have been looking for somthing to listen to on my way to work. I never know what I will like. Will check this out. :)

Edit: check your catalogue page - it has "A 30 second clip of the solo reading." twice.
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
kayray

Post by kayray »

I've got to put in a plug for "My Man Jeeves" read by sjmarky
http://librivox.org/my-man-jeeves-by-p-g-wodehouse/
Henry and I have been listening to this one in the car lately. Mark reads these hilarious stories beautifully, with a wonderful sparkle and a light touch. Thoroughly enjoyable and laugh-out-loud funny.
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
kri

Post by kri »

kayray wrote:I've got to put in a plug for "My Man Jeeves" read by sjmarky
http://librivox.org/my-man-jeeves-by-p-g-wodehouse/
Henry and I have been listening to this one in the car lately. Mark reads these hilarious stories beautifully, with a wonderful sparkle and a light touch. Thoroughly enjoyable and laugh-out-loud funny.
Thank you Kara :)
kri

Post by kri »

OK, so I'm having a hard time remembering, and motivating myself to do this each week. As with everything at LV, if you're not having fun you shouldn't be doing it anymore. Fortunately in the case of this project, it's not necessary to LV. However, this is where I put in my request.

I would like to turn the reins over to anyone who wants to take over the Weekly Picks for LV. You don't have to do things exactly as I did, and you can turn it into your own project if you'd like. If a non-admin would like to take this over (which is probably likely), I can post the Wordpress pages and upload the sample of the recording to archive.org.

If anyone would like to take this over, please respond in this thread. If we have multiple people who would like to do it, well let's see what we can work out.
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

K— Where is the weekly featured recording posted? I must be missing where that is. Don't see a link in this thread either. —A
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Cloud Mountain wrote:K— Where is the weekly featured recording posted? I must be missing where that is. Don't see a link in this thread either. —A
Check the home page Alan. Its under "Latest news"
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
kri

Post by kri »

Cloud Mountain wrote:K— Where is the weekly featured recording posted? I must be missing where that is. Don't see a link in this thread either. —A
You can also find it here and here. Of course there won't be anything new posted until I can find someone who wants to take over.