Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
msfry
Posts: 7125
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » September 5th, 2020, 6:18 am

annise wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 5:03 pm
Do check your file names before zipping - I noticed and fixed them but if I miss it things just don't work.

Anne
I have been checking every time, but this one (2008 vs 2009 on one filename) slipped through. Sorry.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #3

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33356
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » September 5th, 2020, 6:27 am

I often do it at change of month but I find if I look at the 4 of them together the pdf is second - helps me with misstyped ones too

Anne

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33356
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » September 5th, 2020, 7:13 am

Short Poetry caught .. and linked - looks good.

Anne

schrm
Posts: 2888
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » September 5th, 2020, 7:36 am

heyho

cover files: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/lovesci.zip

catalogue page: https://librivox.org/book-of-love-by-paolo-mantegazza/

pic used: Cover picture ist the book-frontispiece titled "Profane Love". The work was titled “Amor Vincit Omnia” by Caravaggio.
(and a partial screenshot of the text)

thank you!

cheers,
wolfi

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische

david wales
Posts: 5721
Joined: May 2nd, 2011, 5:46 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by david wales » September 5th, 2020, 10:16 am

would like to preclaim the cover for this, please.

Project 15603: Over There: War Scenes On The Western Front

thank you
Peace, David

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33356
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » September 5th, 2020, 5:32 pm

I preclaim made, 1 cover caught and linked, Thank you :D

Anne

MMMD2505
Posts: 45
Joined: April 29th, 2020, 12:14 pm
Location: Virginia

Post by MMMD2505 » September 5th, 2020, 5:58 pm

Hopefully this is all good! Here are the links for The Double:

Here's the cover files:
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/thedoublebyfydordostoyevsky.zip

Here's the catalogue page:
https://librivox.org/the-double-a-petersburg-poem-by-fyodor-dostoyevsky-2/

"All human wisdom is contained in these two words- Wait and Hope."

-The Count of Monte Cristo

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 47450
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » September 5th, 2020, 6:04 pm

MMMD2505 wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 5:58 pm
Hopefully this is all good! Here are the links for The Double:

Here's the cover files:
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/thedoublebyfydordostoyevsky.zip

Here's the catalogue page:
https://librivox.org/the-double-a-petersburg-poem-by-fyodor-dostoyevsky-2/
Since I MC'd it, I was curious and took a peek.

FYI, you spelled Fyodor wrong. :) And while you're in there, you've got a space in one of the file names.
Mystery/PulpFic: Dope, by Sax Rohmer
The one that started them all: Self-Help, by Samuel Smiles
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David

schrm
Posts: 2888
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » September 5th, 2020, 8:38 pm

schrm wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 7:36 am
heyho

cover files: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/lovesci.zip

catalogue page: https://librivox.org/book-of-love-by-paolo-mantegazza/

pic used: Cover picture ist the book-frontispiece titled "Profane Love". The work was titled “Amor Vincit Omnia” by Caravaggio.
(and a partial screenshot of the text)

thank you!

cheers,
wolfi
Good morning,

:!: problem: cover is not linked to book of love, but to the book i claimed yesterday :!:

Thx for your work :D

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18318
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » September 5th, 2020, 8:47 pm

Would you mind revealing which book that would be? Especially as that claim of yours from yesterday has gone from the claims list by now, obviously.

Just an idea to make things easier for me (or Anne).
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

schrm
Posts: 2888
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » September 5th, 2020, 8:54 pm

schrm wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 8:38 pm
schrm wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 7:36 am
heyho

cover files: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/lovesci.zip

catalogue page: https://librivox.org/book-of-love-by-paolo-mantegazza/

pic used: Cover picture ist the book-frontispiece titled "Profane Love". The work was titled “Amor Vincit Omnia” by Caravaggio.
(and a partial screenshot of the text)

thank you!

cheers,
wolfi
Good morning,

:!: problem: cover is not linked to book of love, but to the book i claimed yesterday :!:

Thx for your work :D

Didn't think of that, thx availle!
It is here: https://librivox.org/gesammelte-gedichte-by-else-lasker-schueler/

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18318
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » September 5th, 2020, 9:21 pm

Fixed. :)
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

schrm
Posts: 2888
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » September 5th, 2020, 9:40 pm

:D Thank you to both of you!

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische

schrm
Posts: 2888
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » September 6th, 2020, 7:28 am

heyho,

cover files:
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/els-gesged.zip

catalogue page:
https://librivox.org/gesammelte-gedichte-by-else-lasker-schueler/

pic used:
Cover picture by ​ Else LASKER-SCHÜLER​ = book title pic.

thank you!

cheers,
wolfi

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische

david wales
Posts: 5721
Joined: May 2nd, 2011, 5:46 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by david wales » September 6th, 2020, 12:39 pm

cover for

Project 15603: Over There: War Scenes On The Western Front


https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/overthere_2009.zip

thank you
Peace, David

Post Reply