Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've been trying to claim the multilingual for you or me for nearly 12 hours and had no success - it does happen sometimes and I have tried various theories. I wondered if it was when someone changed their mind and hoped maybe when the database was refreshed it might be claimable - but so far no luck

preclaim for solo made

cover caught .......
carthinius

Post by carthinius »

annise wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 2:33 am I've been trying to claim the multilingual for you or me for nearly 12 hours and had no success - it does happen sometimes and I have tried various theories. I wondered if it was when someone changed their mind and hoped maybe when the database was refreshed it might be claimable - but so far no luck
Strange. But if seemingly nobody can claim it, I will just do the cover as if I claimed it. Is this okay?
"it's worse than you know!" - "it usually is." | Find a growing collection of my covers in higher resolution at flickr
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Suits me fine - otherwise I might need to and I have a few already to make - the end of the month means series covers often

Anne
carthinius

Post by carthinius »

"it's worse than you know!" - "it usually is." | Find a growing collection of my covers in higher resolution at flickr
msfry

Post by msfry »

jpujolar wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 11:51 am Hello,

I am the solo reader of Narcís Oller's novel "La papallona." I am about to correct the last PLed recordings.

Can I pre-claim its cover? I understand solo readers can.

Thanks,

Joan Pujolar
Yes, both soloists and BC's can preclaim covers. Just post your request to this forum, citing the Project ID#, which you can find by hovering over the BC Admin link under your Magic Window (you'll see the number in the lower left of your screen), or open the MW and find the number near the top:
Project 16623: Name of Book
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

OK. I hereby (pre)claim:
Project number 16662:
Project title : La papallona
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
carthinius

Post by carthinius »

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Italian Flowers
Multingual both linked - thanks :D :D

Lincoln linked - thanks :D

The preclaim was already made and acknowledged though I agree it was somewhat hidden

Anne
carthinius

Post by carthinius »

annise wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:56 pm Italian Flowers
Multingual both linked - thanks :D :D
Just in case it got lost at the last page, I have also finished three other covers which are still "active" in the claim list:
carthinius wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 3:15 am The files for A Woman's Way by Thompson Buchanan are uploaded here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/awomansway_2108.zip
carthinius wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 4:32 am Hello again,
the files for Two Godly and Learned Sermons by John Calvin are uploaded here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/twogodlysermons_2108.zip
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL DPL 43 27-28
Isad

Post by Isad »

carthinius

Post by carthinius »

InTheDesert wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 5:05 pm This is fabulous!
I'm glad you like it! :D
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Isad wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 11:36 pm Bonjour Anne,

Here is the cover for :
  • Livre : n° 16609 Nounlegos by Raoul Bigot
Bonne journée :D
Isad
The cover is great, there are a few things I needed to change to make them show here and at Archive - mainly to do with file names and types
Most of your files started with n but the PNG started with N and should also have been in a jpg format so please watch this next time.
The other thing that we always add is "LibriVox" - you do not mention it anywhere. None of the images have it
And if you look at all ours it does show on them all - it's good advertising for us - especially when the site using them does not mention LV .

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

carthinius I think everything is up to date now ....I hope

Anne