Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

May I please pre-claim the cover for my solo project #9685, Annual Reports to the Massachusetts Board of Education by Horace Mann, which should be completed in the next week or so? Project thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55626
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Done

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

msfry wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 11:20 am How many active cover makers do we have at the moment, Anne, not counting people that only pre-claim covers for their own solos? It does seem like slim pickings lately, though the volume of new releases appears to be steady.

I think limiting claims to no more than two at a time is very reasonable until/unless the designers we have can't keep up with the volume. Wouldn't that be a nice problem!!!
There's nothing to stop people picking up another as they finish one off.

There are quite a few BCs that preclaim for their projects and a couple that do a series for something they are particularly interested in. Bart picks up most of the Dutch ones and the short poetry and coffee break, Basquetteur ? spelling does mainly non english Hokuspokus does a number of German ones, Availle does some that interest her , often science or Asian, Rapunzelina does the Greek ones , there's you, Caroline and Salvationist and me . And probably a few others who drop by occasionally.(1)
Caroline is BCing a large number of short projects , mainly poetry, and she's preclimimg the covers so they never appear on the claims list , especially if she adds the covers as she is cataloguing, same with a few others.

Anne

(1) schm :oops: and mahne .....
schrm

Post by schrm »

cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

annise wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 11:54 pm
msfry wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 11:20 am How many active cover makers do we have at the moment, Anne, not counting people that only pre-claim covers for their own solos? It does seem like slim pickings lately, though the volume of new releases appears to be steady.

I think limiting claims to no more than two at a time is very reasonable until/unless the designers we have can't keep up with the volume. Wouldn't that be a nice problem!!!
There's nothing to stop people picking up another as they finish one off.

There are quite a few BCs that preclaim for their projects and a couple that do a series for something they are particularly interested in. Bart picks up most of the Dutch ones and the short poetry and coffee break, Basquetteur ? spelling does mainly non english Hokuspokus does a number of German ones, Availle does some that interest her , often science or Asian, Rapunzelina does the Greek ones , there's you, Caroline and Salvationist and me . And probably a few others who drop by occasionally.
Caroline is BCing a large number of short projects , mainly poetry, and she's preclimimg the covers so they never appear on the claims list , especially if she adds the covers as she is cataloguing, same with a few others.

Anne

And schm :oops:

hm, now i feel weird because of the special mention :lol: :wink:
i dont contribute regularly, despite watching the claims (to be honest) - and im a librivoxer for just a few months, now.
just to mention it: i love the digital arts we all do. and i do think, that this possibility/work is more worthful, than most people would rate it.

"As at the moment we have more cover-makers than projects, we suggest a voluntary limit of 2 claims per person (excluding pre-claims) so that there is something for everybody."
what i saw, most cover-artists claim only one project at a time.

:!: we will have to read more, so that there are more finished projects :!:
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll have to add mahne too - I knew I'd forget people if I tried to list them all .
cover caught .... and linked. Thank you :D

Anne
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

I'd like to thank amitsharma for the cover for Poems by Mary Coleridge. I like that you were able to use a photo of the author, too - the main reason I picked that project was so that she can (hopefully) become a bit better known.

I see that you're a relatively new volunteer, and I do hope you continue designing more covers. Talent is always appreciated!
Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

Newgatenovelist wrote: August 24th, 2018, 1:53 pm I'd like to thank amitsharma for the cover for Poems by Mary Coleridge. I like that you were able to use a photo of the author, too - the main reason I picked that project was so that she can (hopefully) become a bit better known.

I see that you're a relatively new volunteer, and I do hope you continue designing more covers. Talent is always appreciated!
Erin
Thank you Erin, I will try to contribute as much as I can. :thumbs:

My wife is a professor of English literature and she feels that Mary Coleridge just happened to work in a time when giants like Tennyson and Robert Browning overshadowed everyone else by their sheer brilliance. Plus she had big shoes to fill. Perhaps posterity will be kinder. You've made a great contribution for promoting her. Well done.

warm regards,

Amit
Last edited by amitsharma on August 24th, 2018, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amit Sharma, CC

"You can call me crazy, but you're just jealous that the voices don't talk to you."
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

Amit Sharma, CC

"You can call me crazy, but you're just jealous that the voices don't talk to you."
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

amitsharma wrote: August 24th, 2018, 2:17 pm Thank you Erin, I will try to contribute as much as I can. :thumbs:

My wife is a professor of English literature and she feels that Mary Coleridge just happened to work in a time when giants like Tennyson and Robert Browning overshadowed everyone else by their sheer brilliance. Plus she had big shoes to fill. Perhaps posterity will be kinder. You've made a great contribution for promoting her. Well done.

warm regards,

Amit
Your wife is right! And it's very good to hear that there are other readers of less well known poets out there. Reading and recording can both be fairly solitary activities, and it's nice to know that there is someone else out there who is literally on the same page.

Thank you again for the cover - it makes the project complete, and it's an essential part of getting interesting audiobooks out there for others to discover.
Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Could I just remind everyone that this is a working thread and although the chat is great , it makes it really hard to keep up to date on the linking and claiming, Everyone is more than welcome to chat , ask questions and do anything else that doesn't clash with the "be nice" rules in the covermakers chat thread which maybe needs a better title as we want it to include non covermakers as long as its about covers and supportive.

Anne
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

Sorry about that Anne, my bad. :oops:

You're absolutely right and we should stick to the forum topic to keep the work focused for everyone. Despite the stress of so much work, you're doing a great job and I should be not be creating more hassles for you and everyone here.

I apologize and will try harder to stick to the forum topics in the future.

warm regards,

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

msfry

Post by msfry »

msfry

Post by msfry »

carthinius

Post by carthinius »

"it's worse than you know!" - "it usually is." | Find a growing collection of my covers in higher resolution at flickr