Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

caught ..... and linked. New thing I learnt today - what sestinas are :hmm: Thanks for the cover David :D

Anne
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

Amit Sharma, CC

"You can call me crazy, but you're just jealous that the voices don't talk to you."
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

annise wrote: August 21st, 2018, 2:25 pm No that's fine
How it works is
There is a claims list kept on Bart's server which his friend made for us so that 2 people didn't make the same cover and the projects turn up in it after they are catalogued. It can take a few hours . If the cover is not claimed just enter your name - no need to post in the thread.

The posts you see are "preclaims" - soloists/BCs who want to make a cover for ther project can ask for it to be preclaimed and it will come on the claims list after cataloguing with their name already enteres
Looking forwardr to your first cover :D

Anne
Thanks Anne for clarifying. I've just submitted a cover. Hopefully it will serve its purpose.

warm regards,

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

"You can call me crazy, but you're just jealous that the voices don't talk to you."
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Cover caught ... and linked . Pam(the soloist) will like that one I think.
Everything was fine, you don't need to use the full title as the file names unless you really want to , just enough with the yydd to differentiate them if needed ( something like "poems" is probably not enough but something like "seven_statesman_1808 would be fine
I find this https://archive.org/details/librivoxaudio?sort=-publicdate a good way to see what others are doing if you are interested

Anne

:oops: I forgot to say thank you :D
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

Thanks for clarifying that Anne and making future naming easier for me. I guess I didn't want to take chances the first time around. Once I get used to it then I'll try and substitute common sense for following directions verbatim. :D

And you're welcome. :thumbs:

warm regards,

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

I would like to thank David Purdy for the cover for Sestinas. The project was a labour of love, and I'm so pleased that it has such an elegant cover to accompany it. Marie Spartali's work has never quite had the recognition it merits, and it was lovely to see one of her paintings used in such a personal way.
Erin
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi Amit,

That was a magnificient cover you made for "Seven Roman Statesmen of the Later Republic"!

Really Magnificent!

Welcome to Librivox and thank you!

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
msfry

Post by msfry »

amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

pnagami wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 6:15 am Hi Amit,

That was a magnificient cover you made for "Seven Roman Statesmen of the Later Republic"!

Really Magnificent!

Welcome to Librivox and thank you!

Pam
Thank you so much Pam, I appreciate you taking the time to let me know both here and through the PM.

I am glad you liked the cover. It was a pleasure making it. Hopefully I will be able to deliver the same caliber results in the future.

Please take care,

warm regards,

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sorry Michele - it did indeed get lost .
2 covers caught .... and linked. Thank you both. :D :D

Anne
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

Hi,

Just need some clarification.

The first post in this thread says... "...As at the moment we have more cover-makers than projects, we suggest a voluntary limit of 2 claims per person (excluding pre-claims) so that there is something for everybody. Thank you..."

No issues with that, it's a perfectly logical request. But what time-frame is this referring to? Is that 2 claims per month, per year or like two claims total per volunteer?

Please take care.

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

no , it just means if you have 2 already on the claims list let someone else have a chance. Sometimes people have more than 2 showing because preclaims can turn up unexpectedly .
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

Thanks Anne, got it. :thumbs:

Take care.

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

msfry

Post by msfry »

How many active cover makers do we have at the moment, Anne, not counting people that only pre-claim covers for their own solos? It does seem like slim pickings lately, though the volume of new releases appears to be steady.

I think limiting claims to no more than two at a time is very reasonable until/unless the designers we have can't keep up with the volume. Wouldn't that be a nice problem!!!