Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Hi Elijah!
Since Great Inventors isn't completed yet, it doesn't have a cover. If you want to make a cover for it, you can ask here for it to be pre-claimed. If you don't want to make a cover, someone else will once it's completed. Either way, it'll get one when it's done! :D

Does that answer your question?
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

You can, but you can't finish the cover until the project is complete since you have to put the final run time on the PDF. Check out the first post of this thread, and the cover wiki, for instructions :D

(An admin will pre-claim it for you, I can't :))
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Okay, I can just keep that window open and get things going while a wait for completion.

Thanks SweetPea, you are very kind.

Is that why your user name is SWEET Pea?
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Awww, thanks :wink:

Have fun!
Rachel

bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

msfry wrote:
kayray wrote: In fact, I've realized that every book that I download has art too... I'm beginning to suspect that every one of our thousands of books has its own lovingly-crafted cover.
Amazingly they do, and you can see all our covers at The Librivox Free Audiobook Collection at https://archive.org/details/librivoxaudio?sort=-date. Sort by Date Published to see most recent covers first.

By the way, this link at IA, Librivox Audio Covers, doesn't seem to display properly. http://archive.org/details/librivoxaudiocovers?sort=-date
It's the link given on the CD Covers wiki, under the sub-heading CD Covers. I'd be glad to change it myself but I'm not sure if the IA page could be fixed or if it's an outdated page.
We do not update that page anymore.
We changed the way we upload our covers and that page only still exists for the older covers.

Bart
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

SweetPea wrote:Awww, thanks :wink:

Have fun!
Project pre-claimed
@ej400: please make sure to meet all the specifications. The link SweetPea gave you is the best source for info on how to make covers.

Bart
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

It's nice! :D
It does have to be square, though. Is that the title page from the book? You should be able to make it square somehow, but how depends on what software you use to make it :)
Rachel

ej400

Post by ej400 »

And then how would I get a picture for the story of 13 colonies and where to post it?
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

First of all, you need to claim that project. Go do it quick, before someone else gets to it! Go to this page: http://librivox.nl/claim/ and type in this username and password: Image
Then you'll see all the completed projects needing a cover. The 13 colonies is at the bottom of the list. Type your forum name ej400 into the column on the right.

As for where to find pictures, why don't you have a look at the text? It has lots of nice pictures, some are even in colour :D

You would post it in this thread, after you finish it following all the instructions in the wiki.

Make sense?
Rachel

ej400

Post by ej400 »

SweetPea wrote:First of all, you need to claim that project. Go do it quick, before someone else gets to it! Go to this page: http://librivox.nl/claim/ and type in this username and password: Image
Then you'll see all the completed projects needing a cover. The 13 colonies is at the bottom of the list. Type your forum name ej400 into the column on the right.

As for where to find pictures, why don't you have a look at the text? It has lots of nice pictures, some are even in colour :D

You would post it in this thread, after you finish it following all the instructions in the wiki.

Make sense?
Yes it does.

hay, we are doing 2 things at once!