Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 44321
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 8th, 2019, 5:23 pm

msfry wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 5:18 pm
annise wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 1:39 pm
Caught ..... and linked, Looks fantastic what fun it must have been designing the costumes. They leave branded jeans and sneakers for dead, :D
Anne
Wouldn't it look silly for hundreds of thousands of people to go around town wearing costumes like this! Jeans and tennies are for everybody. Toss em in the washer, dryer and throw em on again. No need for servants. Yeah!
If we all did it, it wouldn't look silly. :lol:
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
The Medici family history: LINK

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 32299
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » December 8th, 2019, 6:11 pm

I said designing not wearing - I saw something in a shop window the other day that looked just what I wanted and it was a closing down sale, so I went in , and had a close look , It was ecactly the right size , right colour , would have matched my wardrobe :clap: . Then I read the label . HAND WASH !!!!! I don't even buy clothes that need ironing!! I didn't buy it.

Cover caught .. and linked . Thanks Michele.

Anne

Epachuko
Posts: 382
Joined: March 10th, 2018, 4:19 am

Post by Epachuko » December 9th, 2019, 3:43 am

Hello!!

This is my first time in this forum :) I would like to pre-claim the cover of one of the proyects I am BC which is going to be catalogued quite soon.

The proyect I would like to preclaim is "Fortunata y Jacinta":
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=76347

I have read that there are two weeks for having the cover done, but with Christmas in the middle and being my first time, I think is going ot take me a little more than 15 days... :P

Thank you very much!!

msfry
Posts: 6246
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » December 9th, 2019, 6:58 am

TriciaG wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 5:23 pm

If we all did it, it wouldn't look silly. :lol:
Yes it would! :lol: :lol:
Michele Fry, CC
"The joy of a mind made up is a potent cordial." ~ Henry Van Dyke
Looking for contributions to these themes:
Love Stories #2
Dreams Collection #1
Coffee Break Collection #27 - SPORTS

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 44321
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 9th, 2019, 5:46 pm

Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
The Medici family history: LINK

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 32299
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » December 10th, 2019, 12:12 am

Preclaim made .
Cover added- thanks Tricia :D

Anne

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 44321
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 10th, 2019, 8:56 am

Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
The Medici family history: LINK

bedwere
Posts: 346
Joined: October 24th, 2012, 9:39 am
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Post by bedwere » December 10th, 2019, 10:55 am

TriciaG wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 8:56 am
https://librivox.org/anabasis-by-xenophon/
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/anabasis_1912.zip

(kinda boring, but my creativity on LOTE projects is low. :) )
I like it. Thank you!
+ Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
Meae editiones librorum. Αἱ ἐμαὶ ἐκδόσεις βίβλων.

schrm
Posts: 2068
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » December 10th, 2019, 11:05 am

heyho,

claimslist cover for
https://librivox.org/academische-gedichte-by-johann-philipp-lorenz-withof/

files link
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/withof.zip

picture is a little bit questionable:
a wikipedia user possesses this pic and declared it gemeinfrei and to be more than hundred years old.
Cover picture by unknown artist https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Johann_Withof.jpeg
(property by and declared as more than 100 years old/public domain/gemeinfrei by Wikipedia user Albrechtblank).

i doubted it but it is the only picture available, seems to be.
i decided it looks like public domain, depicting WITHOF (1725 - 1789)
and we declare our works to be pd, also..
...and i edited it heavily, so it may be a sort of quotation or arts, also?

--> it is up to you!
please tell me your admin decision :-D

thank you and

cheers,

/reader/12275


en-bc: lay down your arms

de-bc: sammlung kurzer deutscher prosa
de-duo: rousseau

david wales
Posts: 5449
Joined: May 2nd, 2011, 5:46 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by david wales » December 10th, 2019, 11:09 am

please, would like to preclaim cover for

Project 14547: The Loot Of Cities

thank you
Peace, David

Newgatenovelist
Posts: 2972
Joined: February 17th, 2015, 7:22 am

Post by Newgatenovelist » December 10th, 2019, 1:43 pm

I would like to thank Michele for the cover for On a Grey Thread. I was waiting to see what it would look like, and I wasn't disappointed! Thanks again for all your hard work.
Erin

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 32299
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » December 10th, 2019, 2:20 pm

TriciaG wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 8:56 am
https://librivox.org/anabasis-by-xenophon/
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/anabasis_1912.zip

(kinda boring, but my creativity on LOTE projects is low. :) )
Cover caught .. and linked, thank you :D . Nothing wrong with plain covers , they often show up well in a sea of images :D

Anne

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 32299
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » December 10th, 2019, 2:22 pm

schrm wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 11:05 am
heyho,

claimslist cover for
https://librivox.org/academische-gedichte-by-johann-philipp-lorenz-withof/

files link
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/withof.zip

picture is a little bit questionable:
a wikipedia user possesses this pic and declared it gemeinfrei and to be more than hundred years old.
Cover picture by unknown artist https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Johann_Withof.jpeg
(property by and declared as more than 100 years old/public domain/gemeinfrei by Wikipedia user Albrechtblank).

i doubted it but it is the only picture available, seems to be.
i decided it looks like public domain, depicting WITHOF (1725 - 1789)
and we declare our works to be pd, also..
...and i edited it heavily, so it may be a sort of quotation or arts, also?

--> it is up to you!
please tell me your admin decision :-D

thank you and

cheers,
Cover caught , and linked. Thank you :D . I don't think there is any doubt it is taken from a very early printing.

Anne

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 32299
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » December 10th, 2019, 2:23 pm

david wales wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 11:09 am
please, would like to preclaim cover for

Project 14547: The Loot Of Cities

thank you

Preclaim made :D

EvaK
Posts: 770
Joined: June 28th, 2015, 11:40 pm
Location: Germany

Post by EvaK » December 11th, 2019, 9:32 am

Hello, cover team,

I have completed the files for the cover that belongs to "Die Waffen nieder" by Bertha von Suttner.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=74107

Here are the cover files:
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/diewaffennieder_1912.zip

The cover picture is pd, I found it here: https://pixabay.com/de/photos/krieg-mohn-waffenstillstand-4575384/

The audio has not been catalogued yet, but this should happen quite soon.

Thanks for all the work!
Gruß
Eva
My reader page

Post Reply