internationalizing the site: NEED TRANSLATORS

Non-reading activities need your help too!
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Hej Anne Kathrine

Welcome to LV :D
To say tha all Danes read english fluently is certainly an exageration
I stand corrected, but in the 4 years I spent here before learning Danish I only met 2 people who did not speak English... Even our work homepage (made by a Dane) is only in English :!:

It would be great if you could help with the translation. What I meant is, compared to how bad French people usually read English, I feel it is more relevant to translate into French than Danish.
The link is here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Homepage_Translation
You will need to PM Jc to get a login, then you can edit the page, it says what needs to be translated.

See you around I hope and let us know if you need help (might wanna introduce yourself in the New here? forum as well)

:mrgreen:
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

I'm almost done with the homepage translation into French (yeah!). It would be great if someone could read it to check for typos and such. There are some parts that I did not translate, because I don't know the French terms, but it is not that many.
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
Jc

Post by Jc »

Note: Danish & chinese (mandarin & cantonese) translations are completed. I'll be putting them up on the website as soon as I am done with my schoolwork, which will probably be some time by the end of next week. In the meantime, if someone else has time, feel free to go ahead and implement the translations!

Thanks Katine & Lychiang for the translations!
Put yourself in the Readers' Accents Table. See this post.
(Busy real life & traveling, sorry if not here often.)
Karlsson

Post by Karlsson »

Hello,
I just entered librivox a few weeks ago. I'm German, and I realized that some pages of the website are in german language, but they are not conform with the english pages. Some links from german pages lead to english pages. Am I right when I guess that the german text is the site from before 2007 and the translation hadn't been finished then?
Then I found the site http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/German_Homepage_Translation and I think this could be the right page to begin an actual german translation, but I am a bit doubtful, because there isn't anything done on that site until now, though the german community is pretty lively. Is that page so new that no one has begun to work at it yet? If this is right, I would like to begin with the german translation in the wiki.

Kind regards,
Karlsson
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Hm, now that you talk about it, Karlsson, wam and I worked on the translation back in 2008. I think, it was almost complete but never got implemented. This was in the days of our old Wiki. I wonder if the old Wiki still exists somewhere?
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hi Karlsson,

You are right.

The German wiki page is not new but not all volunteers enjoy, feel adequate or have the time to translate the wiki page and the same applies for those setting it up on the website.

You're most welcome to do the German translation if you'd like.

In case you don't have a password for the wiki yet, you should ask Jc to set up an account for you.

Cheers,
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
Karlsson

Post by Karlsson »

Hokuspokus wrote:Hm, now that you talk about it, Karlsson, wam and I worked on the translation back in 2008. I think, it was almost complete but never got implemented. This was in the days of our old Wiki. I wonder if the old Wiki still exists somewhere?
Of course it would be the best if the old Wiki still existed somewhere, and the german translation could be implemented. Can anyone check that and say what has to be done? If not, the work has to be done again :( , and I would need a password for the wiki.
Hokuspokus, perhaps we could talk about the project and you will "proof-read" my proposals in that case?

Cheers,
Karlsson
sibley

Post by sibley »

I'm incoherent in most things but have forwarded to a Chinese-American friend whose degrees are in French and German. She may be able to help with the few little odds and ends that are left.
iibewegung

Post by iibewegung »

Hi,

I think I could help translate the site into Korean (ko-kr) but the Korean_Homepage_Translation link
on http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Homepage_Translation seems to be broken.

I don't think anybody has worked on this since 2007.
Can I get a User account at the wiki?

Thanks-

-ChangMo
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

You will need to send a PM to JC for the login for the wiki.

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
owly

Post by owly »

Hi. I'd like to start translating the Swedish page if that's okay :)
"So many books, so little time."
tux753

Post by tux753 »

I see that the Spanish translation of the site is a little bit stopped. There are mistakes of links (sending to nowhere) and some words misspelled. I could help more actively in this domain. I think that Spanish is important by the number of potential listeners. What do I have to do? Who is the person I have to contact?

Thanks.
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Starlite wrote:You will need to send a PM to JC for the login for the wiki.

Anyone who wants can edit the wiki. JC is the one who makes the accounts for the wiki. I think Ruthie can too.

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
tux753

Post by tux753 »

Starlite wrote:
Starlite wrote:You will need to send a PM to JC for the login for the wiki.

Anyone who wants can edit the wiki. JC is the one who makes the accounts for the wiki. I think Ruthie can too.

I know, but for the pages http://librivox.org/list-translated-pages-spanish/?
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Hi, I would like to do the Norwegian translation:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!