Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 3:34 pm

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post Posted:: September 29th, 2014, 12:15 pm 

Cori wrote:
You could use this format? *{{librivox|The Beasts of Tarzan}}

The nice thing about that is that it comes ready formatted as per Wikipedia standards, so it's much less likely to get flagged or deleted internally. Also, it links to the search rather than a specific version, which makes it fairer to readers and listeners when there is more than one version available.
Great news Cori, thanks. I will investigate it.

Post Posted:: September 29th, 2014, 1:53 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

TimoleonWash wrote:
... Before I do more I need to know more about this "reflist," and LibriVoxers better than I need to pic a format for our Wikipedia links please. :mrgreen:
The one I have been using is "text name [linked to librivox] at LibriVox [linked to wikipedia] (audiobook)"

The "reflist" is from the Wikipedia side of things not the Librivox side ( explanation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Reflist#Grouped_references).

Post Posted:: March 15th, 2015, 4:18 pm 

I'm happy to say I've received permission from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Oiyarbepsy via the Wikipedia:Village pump (idea lab)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(idea_lab)#I_would_like_to_begin_to_systematically_add_links_from_pages_on_books.2C_novels.2C_non-fiction.2C_etc..2C_to_free_audio_recordings_of_same.

Let the fun begin :P

Post Posted:: March 15th, 2015, 4:31 pm 

Just so you know... the whole URL isn't linked.

Post Posted:: March 16th, 2015, 2:18 pm 

Hi All, I think I'm confusing things by trying to have conversations on two different threads on the same subject. The other thread is "Any interest in LibriVox's representation on wikipedia?" in Board index » Suggestions, Comments, News & Discussion @ viewtopic.php?f=24&t=55376&p=1104165#p1104165

Can anything be done to consolidate these two threads?

Post Posted:: March 16th, 2015, 3:14 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

My view is that it is probably better to keep this thread for things that are actually happening and the other for ideas and wish lists - but anyone is free to disagree. :D

Anne

Post Posted:: March 16th, 2015, 9:53 pm 

annise wrote:
My view is that it is probably better to keep this thread for things that are actually happening and the other for ideas and wish lists - but anyone is free to disagree. :D
Anne
Good idea. I'll post mainly in the other thread until I actually make a change to wikipedia which won't happen for a while yet.