Covermakers Chat Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
Laur

Post by Laur »

https://librivox.org/the-adventure-of-the-broad-arrow-an-australian-romance-by-morley-roberts/

Reporting: The name on the cover is spelled wrong. Last name should be “Banza” (not Bonza”)
Thanks
Laur

UPDATE 11/09/22: Item fixed. Thank you very much.
DrSpoke

Post by DrSpoke »

DrSpoke wrote: November 10th, 2022, 12:46 am
DrSpoke wrote: November 9th, 2022, 4:45 am https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/sketchesofimposturedeceptionandcredulity_2211.zip Uploaded again with the essential pdf needed. Thank you.
My post on the Covermakers working thread didn't look like this when I posted it yesterday. My post has been edited but not by me.
This is ABUSE OF POWER.
What I'm learning is that:
I need to check if the files I uploaded for the cover I regularly claimed and worked on are those actually linked to the project or if they've been used and tweaked by somebody else who takes credit for work on the cover.
I need to check if my posts are what I wrote or somebody else's edited version of it.

So sad; not what I expected to be part of my learning curve on librivox.

I'm highlighting a serious issue and sharing with all what I've learned the hard way so that you don't have to.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You did leave out the bit that you didn't waste your time reading the instructions, just wasted my time discovering you hadn't. :D
And about checking your PMs.

Everybody is fully aware that the cover thread needs to be kept as a working thread otherwise preclaims and covers are missed - this is the reason a chat thread is provided. And why posts not directly preclaiming or posting links may be moved.
As may posts full of quotes of previous posts

Making sure that every cover made can be used takes time that the volunteers doing it may well sooner use in other ways.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

msfry wrote: November 19th, 2022, 1:40 pm
msfry wrote: November 19th, 2022, 9:52 am
annise wrote: November 19th, 2022, 3:38 am I suppose that could be a problem. Wonder how I could test it without blowing something up :hmm:

Anne
Could the project be renamed using "and" rather than &? And if that works, all future projects with & in the title?
Strangely, I notice the title is also not showing up in the RSS feed that I subscribe to via email.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

There seem to be too many & in the catalogue for that to be the problem - I don't know much about the RSS feed - that is interesting. I'll ask around

Are you prepared to make the cover if I assure you yours will be used ?

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: November 19th, 2022, 2:00 pm There seem to be too many & in the catalogue for that to be the problem - I don't know much about the RSS feed - that is interesting. I'll ask around

Are you prepared to make the cover if I assure you yours will be used ?

Anne
Yes.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All yours :D
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's up to the maker. Did you mean to use fantastic fiction as its genre - the summary says it's a ghost story?
They are nice images :D

Anne
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

annise wrote: November 25th, 2022, 6:31 pm It's up to the maker. Did you mean to use fantastic fiction as its genre - the summary says it's a ghost story?
They are nice images :D

Anne
My goodness, it's been so long since the launching, I've forgotten what genre(s) I specified.
The Internet Archive page says "ghost stories" & "psychological horror" as topics; is that different from genre(s)?
I'm good with changing it, but not sure I'm allowed/authorized to do so at this point.
Louise
"every little breeze..."

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

:? I only noticed because I'd MCed the first one and made the cover and wondered if I'd made the wrong sort :D

Morgan put it as
Horror & Supernatural Fiction
I'll change yours if you want but it is up to you, it's your project after all.

Anne
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

annise wrote: November 25th, 2022, 8:35 pm :? I only noticed because I'd MCed the first one and made the cover and wondered if I'd made the wrong sort :D

Morgan put it as
Horror & Supernatural Fiction
I'll change yours if you want but it is up to you, it's your project after all.

Anne
Sounds good, thanks 8-) ...
... That's probably most apropos, even though it's hard to say if it might be horror, or supernatural, or just plain whacked. :twisted: :lol:
Louise
"every little breeze..."

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Maybe he needed to visit his psychologist. As no one else volunteered I made a cover - it wasn't the image I would have picked, but I think it worked out better than I had thought it would.

Anne
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

annise wrote: November 27th, 2022, 11:50 pm Maybe he needed to visit his psychologist. As no one else volunteered I made a cover - it wasn't the image would have picked, but I think it worked out better than I had thought it would.

Anne
FAB, thanks! 8-)
One nitpicky Q: Is it possible to fit in my middle initial? (J)
Louise
"every little breeze..."

msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: November 27th, 2022, 11:50 pm Maybe he needed to visit his psychologist. As no one else volunteered I made a cover - it wasn't the image would have picked, but I think it worked out better than I had thought it would.
Anne
The three layered squares are striking. Nice cover, Anne!