Volunteers who like editing but not recording?

Non-reading activities need your help too!
rberenyi

Post by rberenyi »

Hi everyone! I wasn’t sure where to post this, or if it would even be something we could do (I’d be happy to remove this post if that’s the case); but I figured I’d throw it out there!

I wanted to see if there are any volunteers out there who enjoy editing the audio (ie, listening to remove silences, cutting and joining segments, applying effects/processing the audio, etc.), more than they enjoy actually reading.

I say because I love the reading/recording part, but it can take me a while to get to the editing. So I could get a whole lot more recording done if someone was the other way around and wanted to “team up”!

We all have different interests and talents, and while I’m of course more than happy to edit my own recordings, I figured I would throw this question out there in case there are any audio buffs who don’t care so much for the actually recording part.

Either way, I just want to say that I’ve been having so much fun since joining the librivox team, and I’m happy to be here! Thanks to all the readers, PL’ers, and everyone who works together to do such an incredible thing here!! :) <3
schrm

Post by schrm »

sorry, all i have to say is, that i second your experience.
...would love, to only read the text.
but on the other hand, i rally have doubts and even anemotional problem, when thinking, that my raw recordings are "confronting" a stranger. poor is, who has to work with this...
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
RubyKatz

Post by RubyKatz »

Hi there! I'm new to LibriVox, so I'm kind of learning how all of this is working out right now, but I would love to team up with some readers. I'm looking to get into doing more audio editing, personally, so I'd love to help anyone out who needs help getting their audio mixed and ready to go.
Charm1973

Post by Charm1973 »

Hi everyone! I'm interested in editing audio, I narrate as well, but I need more experience in editing rather than just editing myself. I use Audacity 3.1.3. The only thing I may ask of you is a reference letter. Thanks!!
rberenyi

Post by rberenyi »

Charm1973 wrote: July 18th, 2022, 11:01 am Hi everyone! I'm interested in editing audio, I narrate as well, but I need more experience in editing rather than just editing myself. I use Audacity 3.1.3. The only thing I may ask of you is a reference letter. Thanks!!
Hi!! I'd love to work together with you! Send me a PM. I love narrating, but tend to get bored by the editing part haha. We could make a good team!
rberenyi

Post by rberenyi »

RubyKatz wrote: July 10th, 2022, 7:42 am Hi there! I'm new to LibriVox, so I'm kind of learning how all of this is working out right now, but I would love to team up with some readers. I'm looking to get into doing more audio editing, personally, so I'd love to help anyone out who needs help getting their audio mixed and ready to go.
Hi Ruby!! I would love to work with you!! I love the narrating part, so if you wanted to work with me on the editing piece, that would be amazing! Send me a PM and we can chat about how that might look. :)
BezKa

Post by BezKa »

I'm not a reader and I joined only to edit! Shoot me a message if you need me!
Bootproductions

Post by Bootproductions »

I love editing. I would be happy to do it.
LaurensDG

Post by LaurensDG »

I would love to do some editing! Sign me up!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

LaurensDG wrote: March 29th, 2023, 6:39 pm I would love to do some editing! Sign me up!
Hi, I have a section recorded on Wings of Azrael vol. 3 that you could help me out with if you want. Send me a PM.
Christine
RanchKat

Post by RanchKat »

I would love to do editing as well. Let me know!!!
AnnieC

Post by AnnieC »

viewtopic.php?t=97721&start=30
Anyone want to edit for this project? I can do my own editing if necessary, but I have a clunky system (phone/tablet recording system, limited time at a computer when there's time for Librivox, etc.), & would love if someone else would enjoy doing it. Editing is, shall we say, slightly less than my favorite part of the process, because of the hassle of my setup, but I do love recording! (:
-Annie C.

"...a sense of humor, that is to say, a sense of the fitness of things..."
CJem98

Post by CJem98 »

AnnieC, is there a way I can PM you about editing? Thanks, CJem98
"The Sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on"
- Charles Dickens, The Old Curiosity Shop
sherip2

Post by sherip2 »

Hi there, I'm brand new to LibriVox and while I would eventually love to narrate, I would really like to learn the editing part so am available to help out with for someone who needs it!
shamose7

Post by shamose7 »

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I would love to edit!