Covermakers Chat Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

I'm still mystified. Sorry. You mention "the first post." In which thread? I can be very blind, I know, but I have looked at several different threads and don't know which you refer to. It can't be this one.

chymocles
msfry

Post by msfry »

chymocles wrote: November 24th, 2021, 8:11 am I'm still mystified. Sorry. You mention "the first post." In which thread? I can be very blind, I know, but I have looked at several different threads and don't know which you refer to. It can't be this one.

chymocles
Every forum project has a First Post, some call it the Original Post, or Opening Post. It's where the project is described and tells you just what to do. You go back to Page 1 of any project, and there it is. At the bottom of every page you'll see all the page numbers in squares: 1, 2, 3, thru 125, or some such.
Last edited by msfry on November 24th, 2021, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

chymocles wrote: November 24th, 2021, 8:01 am The word "claim" does not appear in a search of this forum. It appears many times on the page that led me here but never with any explanation of how to make a claim to create a cover. Administrators have kindly made claims for me, so I have been able to contribute many covers for my own readings, but I was hoping to be able this time to make the claim myself, possibly even to create covers for the work of others. Yet I have poked around in the website for 45 minutes with never a clue.

chymocles
Hello, chymocles,

If you or the MCs don't mind me popping in - I know how hard it can be sometimes to find what you're looking for. I think this first post of the Covers working thread has what you're looking for?: Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've moved some posts out of the working thread and over to this one, to keep that thread more clean (it's for claims and submissions; this one is for comments, suggestions, and questions.)

I didn't realize there was already a discussion going on over here, so the moved posts are interspersed with the existing discussion. Sorry about that.

Tom - your preclaim in the working thread is A-OK.

I did modify the first post in the working thread a little bit, to make it a little more clear. Thanks for the suggestion, Michele.

Edit to add: Yes, it's a clunky system. It grew organically, so it's not the most sophisticated way to do it, probably. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
carthinius

Post by carthinius »

"it's worse than you know!" - "it usually is." | Find a growing collection of my covers in higher resolution at flickr
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

wrong thread - but I've got them........
carthinius

Post by carthinius »

Oh sorry for that. It has been a tough week ...
"it's worse than you know!" - "it usually is." | Find a growing collection of my covers in higher resolution at flickr
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All linked. Thank you :D Anne
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

TriciaG, please accept a big thank you from me for your wonderful cover for the recently released English version of Madame Bovary (https://librivox.org/madame-bovary-ver2-by-gustave-flaubert/). Perfect, and much appreciated!!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks! I am glad I was able to find PD illustrations made for the book. (There were some color ones I liked better, but they were published in 1931.)
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Danke carthinius für das Cover von Das Marmorbild. :thumbs:
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 3 Rollen unbesetzt
I will be on vacation from March 28 to April 1.
carthinius

Post by carthinius »

lorda wrote: December 14th, 2021, 5:54 am Danke carthinius für das Cover von Das Marmorbild. :thumbs:
Es war mir ein Vergnügen! :D
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

TriciaG, I just love your cover for Almayer's Folly (version 3). Wonderful!

With best wishes,
Peter Dann
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks!

The artist actually painted scenes from Borneo. It fit. :thumbs:
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I don't make covers. But just thought that I would share this war photo that is in the public domain:

A quiet game of chess between two members of the 7th Australian Light Horse Regiment (7ALH), camped by the Suez Canal preparatory to revisiting Gallipoli. Note the rifle in front of the shelter. In late 1918, members of 7ALH were chosen to represent the regiment on a tour of the old battlefields of Gallipoli. The group, predominantly made up of Gallipoli veterans, disembarked on the peninsula on 4 December 1918.

People do a lot of war memoir books. There is a low res version downloadable.

https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/C450920
I use Linux. I also like penguins.