Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Since it's already cataloged, you can go to the claim board and put in your own claim for it. :)

http://librivox.nl/claim/
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Karlson - preclaim made
Lion "Some do not "cover linked - thank you :D

Anne
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

As I think about claiming the cover for a current solo project, I have a question. Are pictures with the following copyright available for this type of use? (I'm not adept at understanding copyright lingo, and it's from a site I haven't used before, namely https://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/view/PH-WESTMINSTER-WGL-00004/102)

Images made available for download are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License (CC BY-NC 3.0)
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

If something comes with a non-commercial license we are not able to release it as Public Domain, So no we can't use :(
Anne
If you want to discuss things - the Covermakers chat thread is best - so we can keep this as a working thread and not miss things.

Anne
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

That is really nice! Thank you!
Peter Dann
[Edit: My apologies to this thread. I can see now I should have posted this elsewhere.]
Last edited by TheBanjo on June 13th, 2021, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
carthinius

Post by carthinius »

"it's worse than you know!" - "it usually is." | Find a growing collection of my covers in higher resolution at flickr
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Caught... and linked. Thank you :D
carthinius

Post by carthinius »

The files for Úrsula by Maria Firmina dos Reis are uploaded here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/ursula_2106.zip
There seems to be a problem with accented characters in file names. I dropped the "ú" for the zip-file, but it is still in the names for the PDF and images. Do I have to change that?
"it's worse than you know!" - "it usually is." | Find a growing collection of my covers in higher resolution at flickr
carthinius

Post by carthinius »

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

3 covers caught
re Ursula - yes accents in file names just do not work. There is another problem , the photo you have used . It is explained better in the first post but unsplash does have fine print hidden away and you can't use recognisable people and coke cans etc and say your finished product is PD , sad because it's a beautiful image

Anne
Locke and the West uploaded and linked - thank you :D
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Locke and West caught and linked. Thank you both :D :D
carthinius

Post by carthinius »

annise wrote: June 13th, 2021, 6:54 pm There is another problem , the photo you have used . It is explained better in the first post but unsplash does have fine print hidden away and you can't use recognisable people and coke cans etc and say your finished product is PD , sad because it's a beautiful image
Ah, too sad. It is indeed a beautiful image.
In the unsplash help section, it says about photos with recognizable people included: "If you download photos with any of these depicted in them, you may need the permission of the brand owner of the brand or work of authorship or individual depending on how you use the Photo." So, even if I get the permission by the fotographer, I technically need the consent of the model, too?!
I better start searching for another image, then. Sorry for all the fuzz!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yes - you need a release from the person if the person is recognisable which is fair enough I suppose, even with us. We have books I agree with LV having but I would not want to appear to be supporting the content.

Anne
And don't apologise - it states free for personal and commercial use clearly - you have to hunt for the fine print - I only found the fine print when another source said I needed a 'model release'
Basquetteur

Post by Basquetteur »

Hi

Here : https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/quem_casa_quer_casa__lc_martins_pena_2106.zip

is the cover for Quem casa, quer casa by LC Martins Pena, this book

https://archive.org/details/quem_casa_quer_casa_2106_librivox

I use the link to the archive.org page of the book and not the one in librivox.org because this one does not seem to work.

Thank you for taking care,

Cheers,

Basquetteur