Listener Available for English and Spanish

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
TrojanCasandra

Post by TrojanCasandra » April 12th, 2021, 7:01 am

Hi/Hola all/todos,
This is TrojanCasandra. My listening skills are available for projects in English and Spanish.

Lmnei

Post by Lmnei » April 13th, 2021, 9:09 pm

TrojanCasandra wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 7:01 am
Hi/Hola all/todos,
This is TrojanCasandra. My listening skills are available for projects in English and Spanish.
Hi there! Are you planning on doing any recording for Librivox? Most of the people who listen to other people's recordings are familiar with the recording process and to become familiar with the recording process you would do a couple of recordings yourself and prior to that, like was mentioned in the Welcome e-mail, a 1 minute test to check your technical specifications.

Please let me know if you need any assistance!

Lynda

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » April 17th, 2021, 1:44 pm

TrojanCasandra wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 7:01 am
Hi/Hola all/todos,
Welcome, Casandra!

We are always thrilled to have volunteers who want to proof listen. It's an important part of producing our audiobooks.

As Lynda said, many of our proof listeners also do some recording of their own. And it is helpful to have that experience. However, it is not strictly necessary. If you would like to listen without doing any recording of your own, then there is no need to make a one-minute test. But you should definitely read through this page for an explanation of how proof listening (PLing) works: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners

If you do wish to record, on the other hand, then we are doubly thrilled! In that case, a quick test would be great: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Again, welcome, and I look forward to working with you!