1-minute test ready for feedback!

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
mlaldridge

Post by mlaldridge » February 22nd, 2021, 8:43 am

Hi! Here is my 1-minute test. Thanks in advance for the feedback!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/mlaldridge_test.mp3

rfdman11

Post by rfdman11 » February 22nd, 2021, 2:27 pm

You sound good to me. I am also brand new so only commenting on the voice and not technical anything! Rann De Stefano

wib66

Post by wib66 » Today, 3:15 pm

Hi the reading is great just a couple of edits needed please. If you could carry them out and then re-upload using the same filename. Thanks

It would help if you could remove some of the background noise to do this carry out the following.

Step 1 - Select a piece of background noise
Select a piece of background noise (no speech, breaths or other noises) in your audio.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... A dialog will pop up.
Click "Get Noise Profile" The dialog box will close instantly.

Step 2 - Noise Reduction
Press CTRL-A / Command-A to select your complete recording.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... again. Note: don't select "Repeat Noise Reduction" -- that instantly applies the default settings; you want to adjust the settings and preview the results before you apply the noise filters.

Set Noise Reduction (dB) to 12
Set sensitivity to 6.00
Set frequency smoothing bands to 3
Choose Noise: Reduce
Click ok
This should solve the problem. Always make sure you listen to files through headphones so that you can notice any background noise that needs removing. I have tried this setting on your file and it works. It would be good for you to do this yourself so that you can hear the difference.

If you need any more help please let me know.