LenB

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
LenB

Post by LenB » January 13th, 2021, 4:02 pm

ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane » January 15th, 2021, 2:58 am

Hi Len, welcome to Librivox :D

You're sounding great but you do have some tech specs to fix. I'm not sure what softwware you are using so i will just give instructions for audacity.

The bit rate should be 128 kbps. When you export, change 'quality' to 128 kbps

The recording should use a constant bit rate. When you export, change 'bit rate mode' to 'constant'

The volume is too low at 83.6dB. We aim for 86 - 92dB (with 89 being the goal). You might want to turn up your recording volume and/or make use of the amplify effect.

Once you've correct these issues please upload the test again and post the link here :)

LenB

Post by LenB » January 15th, 2021, 9:07 am

Thanks for the feedback Ashlie.

My second attempt is ready for review.

I had previously maxed out my recording volume in Audactiy, so this time I increased the gain on my blue yeti - but, I have no idea how to check the incoming db. Hmm.

I corrected my export steps to a constant 128 kbps.

Hope this helps.

Len

ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane » January 15th, 2021, 10:03 am

All is correct now except for volume. This time it's 85.3. I forgot to say, the checker tool can be found here https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/ it is able to tell you the volume of recordings. You can also guess by eye in audacity. The peaks of the waveform should reach to around 0.5 and -0.5 on the numbers to the left.