IP - Listeners Wanted Out of Death's Shadow by Nicholas Carter

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » November 11th, 2020, 9:20 am

[Grp/Detective] Out of Death;s Shadow by Nicholas Carter
Nick Carter is a fictional detective who first appeared in 1886 in dime store novels. Over the years, different authors, all taking the nom de plume Nicholas Carter, have penned stories. Here, the tale begins with the trial of a woman, sure to be convicted and face the gallows. Or is she?
This project is looking for prooflisteners. A DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) would be preferred, but until one is found, we need prooflistening for completed sections.

Project thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82614&p=1780576#p1780576
Please post in the project thread if you can help with proof-listening.

Text: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/61135

Level of PL: Standard
  • Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)?
  • Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
  • Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
  • Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
  • Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
  • Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread?
  • Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file?
New to prooflistening? Please read this FAQ.

Magic Window:

BC Admin
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 6 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Zarah the Cruel 3 sections remaining

Aech

Post by Aech » November 17th, 2020, 5:21 pm

I really liked how you narrated the chapter.
6:36 - narration says "justifiable game I would playing" instead of justifiable game I was playing".
7:15 - narrator says "admit" instead of "amid"

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » November 17th, 2020, 5:30 pm

Welcome!

I'm not sure which chapter you listened to, since it appears that none of them have the status "ready for PL". :)

For the record, Standard proof-listening doesn't involve noting minor differences between the text and the reading. Here's info on what a PL should be listening for: viewtopic.php?p=318667#p318667

If you'd like to proof-listen the rest of the chapters as they come in, you may volunteer to be the DPL (dedicated proof listener) by posting in the project thread, here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82614
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons