A history and review of the common law in the United States.
This solo project is looking for new proof-listeners. All files are recorded. A new DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) would be preferred, but until one is found we need PL for completed sections.
- New to proof-listening? Please read this FAQ.
- Level of PL: Standard
- Please consider these points during proof-listening and comment on them as appropriate:
- Do the intro and disclaimer match the instructions at the bottom of this post (below the magic window)?
- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
- Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
- Are the correct closing words used at the end of the recording (see instructions in the first post of the project thread, below the Magic Window)?
- Are there 5 seconds of silence (10 if the recording is more than 30 minutes long) at the end of the file?
- Project thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=75784
Please post in the project thread if you can help with proof-listening.
- Text: See first post of project thread.
- File lengths: See Notes fields in the Magic Window.
- Which sections need PL?: Look in the Notes field in the Magic Window for "PL needed" or some such thing. The Magic Window below is displayed for reference, you can see what sections need listening at a glance. Please make sure to read the most recent posts in the project thread to make sure no other listener has claimed a section until the Magic Window was last updated.