(SPANISH) 1 MINUTE TEST [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
RQuintero

Post by RQuintero » October 11th, 2020, 7:54 am

Hi everyone/hola a todos,

This is my very first post in here. I hope the attached test will be OK, so I can start reading for you all soon.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_RQuintero.mp3

Greetings from Spain ;)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 13th, 2020, 5:07 am

and warm greetings back to Spain :) welcome to the forum.

Your reading is very nice, I like your voice, it sounds so warm and agreeable to listen to. :9: Maybe I'll hear you one day in one of our projects. If you plan on reading only in Spanish, you can check out this subforum: viewforum.php?f=60, there are currently 2 Spanish group projects and a multilingual project where you can participate. If you also want to read in English, the rest of the forum is open for grabs. :mrgreen:

But first we need to tweak one technical setting: your bitrate is 192kbps but should be 128kbps constant. Do you know where to change this in your editing program ? If you are using Audacity I can give you a step-by-step :)

No need to re-record, simply change the bitrate and reupload the new link in this same thread, then I can have another look.

see you soon

Sonia

RQuintero

Post by RQuintero » October 13th, 2020, 1:07 pm

Hi Sonia,

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I just uploaded the revised file, and I hope this time it will be OK. Even though, I do use Audacity, I prefer to use Adobe Audition. I hope that's OK with you.

I speak English and German, but I am a native Spanish/Catalan speaker, so I don't know if a native level is required to record. In regards of the spanish projects, I saw that one of those is already fully assigned and the other one is a peruvian book, which listeners would prefer to listen to in what is called Neutral Spanish (or Latin Spanish), which is slightly different to the one we speak in Spain (same as English can change from one country to another).

If you have any questions, comments or requirements, please do not hesitate to contact me and see you in the forum!

This is the new link (which I think is the same, but the file has been overwritten.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_RQuintero.mp3

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 14th, 2020, 12:03 am

RQuintero wrote:I just uploaded the revised file, and I hope this time it will be OK. Even though, I do use Audacity, I prefer to use Adobe Audition. I hope that's OK with you.
excellent, the bitrate is correct now too, so the test is officially OK :clap: You are ready to go and claim in any project you like to participate in.
I speak English and German
oh ! also German ? We have lots of German projects as well at the moment. Maybe I see you in one of these. They are in the same forum than the Spanish projects.
but I am a native Spanish/Catalan speaker, so I don't know if a native level is required to record.
the level required is that it is understandable for listeners ;) if you have an accent, that is not a problem, but the words should sound correct at least so that they are understandable. I usually speak more slowly and very clearly if I record in a language I don't know too well, so that it would be better to understand for listeners.

But yes, if you feel more comfortable in Spanish, there are projects you can participate in as well.
In regards of the spanish projects, I saw that one of those is already fully assigned and the other one is a peruvian book, which listeners would prefer to listen to in what is called Neutral Spanish (or Latin Spanish)
why do you think that ? Consider that even if it is a South American author, there will be listeners from all over the world (not just Peruvians) that may be interested in the project and they have all kinds of accents. Even people who just learnt Spanish and want to practice listening. In fact in this case: Epachuko, who offered the book to be read, is a European Spanish citizen as well ;) So you are in good company, and he would surely love you to help out. He is a really nice guy.

We already had a Brazilian author and there were Brazilian readers as well as European Portuguese readers and those accents differ a lot as well. It wasn't a problem at all.

In English projects, American, British and Australian readers participate along with non-native speakers of English, and it is not a problem.

No one gets refused because of an accent or dialect or national variant. As I said, as long as you are understandable, you can participate. :)

So just have fun !

Sonia

Epachuko

Post by Epachuko » October 14th, 2020, 6:24 am

RQuintero!!

Bienvenido a Librivox!!

No tengas reparo en pedir secciones de proyectos en espaňol, desde luego en ninguno de los proyectos que conozco se ha pedido un tipo de acento concreto. Yo mismo he propuesto el proyecto colaborativo de Ricardo Palma.

Somos voluntarios de Espaňa, Argentina, Perú, México, República Dominicana... De todo el mundo! Y muchos otros en los que el espaňol no es lengua nativa pero se les entiende bien.

Como ha dicho Sonia (Kitty) siéntete libre de participar y preguntar cualquier duda, estas invitadisimo!!

Un abrazote

RQuintero

Post by RQuintero » October 14th, 2020, 8:00 am

Kitty wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 12:03 am

So just have fun !
Sure I will! Thanks. I will get started very soon

RQuintero

Post by RQuintero » October 14th, 2020, 8:06 am

Epachuko wrote:Bienvenido a Librivox!!
¡Muchas gracias!
Epachuko wrote:No tengas reparo en pedir secciones de proyectos en espaňol, desde luego en ninguno de los proyectos que conozco se ha pedido un tipo de acento concreto. Yo mismo he propuesto el proyecto colaborativo de Ricardo Palma.
Me paso por el hilo ahora y te pido una sección pues ;)
Epachuko wrote:Un abrazote
¡Otro para tí!