mel1234 1-minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
mel1234

Post by mel1234 » August 19th, 2020, 4:11 pm

my 1-minute test: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_mel1234.mp3.mp3

I ran it through the checker and everything seemed to be fine. I'm recording on Audacity on Windows. I used a pair of earbuds with a microphone to record.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, and any tips for a less muffled/tinny sound would be excellent. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by mel1234 on August 22nd, 2020, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kathrinee » August 21st, 2020, 8:50 pm

Your test has all the correct technical specs, and I hear you nicely and clearly. It is A-OK, and you can head over to the Readers Wanted forums and claim a section or two that looks interesting! :thumbs:

My thoughts on your question regarding tinny/muffled sound: you probably notice it more than I do :) We are often our own worst critics... I don't know if you did any post-processing (noise cleaning or other things). Too much processing of our recordings can create a tinny sound. Also, the microphone can influence the sound of the recording, as can the recording environment. Many other volunteers have more detailed knowledge of this than I do, so if you'd like somebody else's opinion I encourage you to post the test and question(s) in the Need Help? Got advice? forum.
Kathrine

mel1234

Post by mel1234 » August 22nd, 2020, 10:47 am

Thank you! :D