Editor(s) Wanted [FOUND]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
jkindrick

Post by jkindrick » August 13th, 2020, 4:57 pm

I love the performing/reading part, but I'm not so much of a fan of editing my own stuff. I've done a couple of recent projects on LibriVox over the last year and am very familiar with the editing process through this and other things I do, but it would be a great luxury to find somebody that I could partner with who loves editing and would be willing to edit what I read. I would be honored to give you credit as the editor at the end of each chapter.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you,

Joel

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » August 18th, 2020, 5:09 pm

Joel,
It would be helpful to know youR recording style or schedule. Are you looking at one off chapters or solo projects? How long is your average raw data vs completed edited track? How many tracks a month?

Editing is often the more time consuming part than the prep and reading so the more details you can provide the better your chances in finding a partner.

jkindrick

Post by jkindrick » August 22nd, 2020, 1:22 am

Editing most assuredly is the most consuming part. I enjoy doing solo projects, however, if sought out and asked, I'd be happy to assist on a collaborative project.

At present I've done two solo projects--one of nearly 500 pages and the other closer to 40 pages. I have my own recording studio, so I could probably produce two to three chapters a month at the least currently. When I can completely concentrate and not be distracted by real life, I tend to do two or three chapters with editing in a week.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

Joel

adrianstephens

Post by adrianstephens » August 22nd, 2020, 1:36 am

Hello Joel,

I'm also available to help if you need it. I'd be happy to do a chapter a week.

Best Regards,
Adrian
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM

jkindrick

Post by jkindrick » August 22nd, 2020, 12:53 pm

Hello Adrian,

It would be an honor to work with you. Very impressive and informative YouTube series.

Please check out my website to get to know me a little bit better. www.joelkindrick.com Some of my voice work is also on there. I'll link my LibriVox work eventually there when they get posted.

I don't know the protocol here about exchanging personal emails, perhaps we are just supposed to communicate here through private message. Either way works for me.

I already have an idea of the next book I'd like to read.

Joel