1 Minute Test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Mamacheetah

Post by Mamacheetah » July 31st, 2020, 6:48 pm

Hello!
My name is Mega Cita. I've joined this community several years ago, and now finally start volunteering.
Here is my reading test link: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/Test_MegaCita.mp3
I recorded in my iPhone, using audacity app, and the earpod. And then I transferred the file, and edited it in audacity using my pc with Windows OS.
I hope that the recording is good enough, but if there's anything I need to fix, I'd be happy to.
Thanks for reading and responding.

Regards,
Cita.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » Today, 5:03 am

Welcome to being active in Librivox then, Mega Cita! :D

You have a fantastic voice! I think you'll do great at narrating audiobooks!

From tech specs, I get the bit-rate wrong, so when you export as mp3, check the format options in the Export Window, and choose "Constant" for Bit Rate Mode, and "128 kbps" for Quality. Then click Save to export and Audacity should keep these settings for all future exports.

Sometimes I think I hear a faint hum for which I might suggest the Noise Reduction feature in Audacity, but the hum is not present always, so I'm not sure how to deal with it. Did you perform any editing like Noise Reduction before uploading?