1 Minute Test shellynyc [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
shellynyc

Post by shellynyc » July 9th, 2020, 9:37 am

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » July 9th, 2020, 1:25 pm

Hi Shelly! Welcome to Librivox! And congrats on your very first upload!

Are you using Audacity? If so, when exporting to mp3, check the mp3 options and choose "Constant" for Bit Rate Mode, and "128kbps" for Quality.

The volume is a bit lower than desired. Check to see if you can increase your microphone's input volume before recording, or if not possible, next option is to amplify after recording.
If in Audacity a nice visual hint is when the waveform peaks above the 0.5 mark
Or in numbers, to get an idea of the volume difference, target volume is 89decibel, your current recording measures about 79.

Please ask if there are any questions, or when ready, go ahead and upload a new recording here to check bit rate and volume again. Thank you!
Come read female poets for October's Poetry Collection

shellynyc

Post by shellynyc » July 9th, 2020, 4:29 pm

In Audacity, I could not choose both constant And the bit rate you require. So, to get to 158 kbps, I had to choose 'variable'. Their Standard rate, at constant, started at 170 kbps. Which do you prefer?

Shelly

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » July 10th, 2020, 6:27 am

Hi Shelly!

"Constant" should be the fourth (last) option for Bit Rate Mode. Then below, for Quality, you should be able to find the "128 kbps" in the drop-down menu. Could you check again and let me know if you found it?

shellynyc

Post by shellynyc » July 10th, 2020, 3:50 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/test2_shellynyc.mp3

I hope this gives you what you need!

Thanks.

Shelly
shellynyc

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » July 11th, 2020, 1:37 pm

Hi Shelly! Yes indeed! :clap: And it gives you also what you need to go forth and record :D

I can hear your refrigerator but the hum is not intrusive at all, so I don't think you should worry about it.

Browse the Readers Wanted for projects that interest you and have fun!

PS: If you ever feel that the background noise gets too much, there's always the Noise Reduction effect :thumbs:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Noisecleaning_With_Pics#Clean_up_the_Noise:_Audacity_versions_from_2.1.0
You can try it some time and see if it makes any difference.