1 Minute Test by feliciap - feedback wanted! [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
feliciap

Post by feliciap » June 27th, 2020, 12:54 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_feliciap.mp3

Recording software used: Audacity

Mic type: USB

Operating system: Mac

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kathrinee » June 28th, 2020, 4:18 pm

Thank you for the test, Felicia! You're souding good :)

I have two comments about the test, both of which are really minor:
-There is a little bit of background hum. This is a really common thing to fix during editing! Select a few seconds of background noise only (no speech) and click Effect | Noise Reduction | Get Profile. Then select the whole recording (Ctrl+A), click Effect | Noise Reduction again, and use settings:

Noise Reduction: 10 dB
Sensitivity: 6
Frequency smoothing (bands) 6

and click OK.
-I can hear a little bit of (mild) plosives. This is when your breath hits the microphone on letters like P, F, or TH. Next time you record, please move your microphone a little bit to the side of your mouth or a little above or below your mouth. This will help the air pass by the mic instead of directly hitting it.

Please use the noise reduction tool on the test, save, upload and post again in the thread. No need to re-record (unless you'd like to test it out), though I do recommend to move the microphone just a tad when you start recording for read. Your're almost there!
Kathrine

feliciap

Post by feliciap » June 30th, 2020, 6:11 pm

Here is the edited link: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_feliciap.mp3

Thank you so much for the feedback! I will be mindful of the plosives when I read and the trick for the background hum really made a difference!! Let me know what you think about this one.

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kathrinee » July 1st, 2020, 12:22 pm

Great! Go forth and record :9:
Kathrine