Volunteers outside the USA: Johan Bojer died in 1959. The author's work is still protected by copyright in places like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years, Australia (author's death plus 70 years for authors who died after 1955) or Canada (author's death plus 50 years), UNLESS the rule of shorter term applies.
This project is looking for prooflisteners. A DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) would be preferred, but until one is found, we need prooflistening for completed sections.In a small village on the coast of Northern Norway we follow a family. Father is a fisher man and is, in the eyes of the oldest son, like a god on the sea. Mother spends every winter in fear of losing somebody she loves to the storms and waves. She longs to move inland and turn her back on the coast and all its dangers. The novel explores some of the tension between inland and coast, poor and wealthy, tradition and progress while also depicting the highs and lows of a winter of fishing in Lofoten. Funny, sad, moving, and exciting, it was one of my late mother's favorite books, one that she and I would read and re-read aloud to each other. ( kathrinee)
Project thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=76377
Please post in the project thread if you can help with proof-listening.
Level of PL: Standard
- Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)?
- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
- Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
- Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread?
- Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file?